Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably Bruce's first go at picking a history tour set so, I think it could be interesting.

We should probably look at Bruce's solo tours sets and which songs did he feature on them. Could provide us some light.

This is probably Bruce's first go at picking a history tour set so, I think it could be interesting.

We should probably look at Bruce's solo tours sets and which songs did he feature on them. Could provide us some light.

is it common knowledge that Bruce by in large is having the biggest say in this setlist? or is he creating it on his own. Ovecourse with input from others.
Usually its Bruce/STeve/Rod thing. but i have heard alot that Bruce has almost full say in the direction of the set.

is it common knowledge that Bruce by in large is having the biggest say in this setlist? or is he creating it on his own. Ovecourse with input from others.
Usually its Bruce/STeve/Rod thing. but i have heard alot that Bruce has almost full say in the direction of the set.
Steve hinted during TBOS tour that he left Bruce to pick the setlist for it, because he wanted him to be comfortable singing the songs and that will probably also be the practice in the future.

Not really. Apparently he came up with the setlist for the 2008 SBIT tour, with some additional input from Steve later, backstage in Rome in 2007...

If I remember correctly, as a solo artist he has played the following Maiden songs:

Children of the Damned (acoustic)
The Prisoner
Run to the Hills
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave
Bring your Daughter... To the Slaughter

With Tribuzy he also did Be Quick or Be Dead and The Evil that Men Do in 2005.

Steve hinted during TBOS tour that he left Bruce to pick the setlist for it, because he wanted him to be comfortable singing the songs and that will probably also be the practice in the future.

Imagine that. Bruce has the reigns, and the setlist is good for an album tour (new songs not withstanding). And if its true about SBIT tour, then that is one of the best setlists they have ever had for a tour. I think Bruce genuinely wants some changes to the setlist, that part in Kerrang with the "gotten comfortable" with songs and stuff, I think i feel the same way. Almost like they are just playing it safe by doing songs they have done over and over, just for the sake of delivering a technically better show. if that makes sense?

My main hope for this tour, now that Bruce is at the head of it, is to be more adventurous, and i get that feeling from him that he wants to be.

Bruce was the driving force for dusting off some old tunes even before the history tours (e.g. playing Revelations and Bring your Daughter... To The Slaughter in 2003 after his short solo summer tour of 2002).

From reading the article and looking at the wording, I don’t think he is completely saying that they are chucking out the standards. To me that sounds like he wants them to shake up their performance of particular songs as they have been the same for a while. Maybe he means set placements, particular stage antics, that sort of thing. The fact that they have spent a lot of time figuring out a particular song says to me there is something rare and long coming.

Not really. Apparently he came up with the setlist for the 2008 SBIT tour, with some additional input from Steve later, backstage in Rome in 2007...

If I remember correctly, as a solo artist he has played the following Maiden songs:

The Prisoner
Run to the Hills
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave

Bruce wrote several of those songs btw....
Powerslave
Revelations
the lyrics to The Prisoner

From reading the article and looking at the wording, I don’t think he is completely saying that they are chucking out the standards. To me that sounds like he wants them to shake up their performance of particular songs as they have been the same for a while. Maybe he means set placements, particular stage antics, that sort of thing. The fact that they have spent a lot of time figuring out a particular song says to me there is something rare and long coming.

That's what I got from reading the article too. Bruce was referring to specific songs in which they have fallen into a groove with and he wants to approach those songs in a different way this time around. What exactly he means by that...we have to wait and see.

The Prisoner
Run to the Hills
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave

He's also mentioned Killers, Prodigal Son, Clansman, and Sign of the Cross at various times when asked about his favorite Paul/Blaze material to sing.

Hi Guys,
First time on this post and looking for some info.
In early July I am going to be in Paris with my wife and daughter as they are going to a show at the Stade de France, I was delighted to discover that Maiden are at the Accor Hotels Arena at the same time I am in Paris.
I have looked at tickets available but there don't appear to be many tickets left only section N which seems to be looking down on to the side of the stage.
Does anybody have experience of this venue and knows if these seats despite appearing to have a restricted view are in fact Ok and you can see what is happening on the stage.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys,
First time on this post and looking for some info.
In early July I am going to be in Paris with my wife and daughter as they are going to a show at the Stade de France, I was delighted to discover that Maiden are at the Accor Hotels Arena at the same time I am in Paris.
I have looked at tickets available but there don't appear to be many tickets left only section N which seems to be looking down on to the side of the stage.
Does anybody have experience of this venue and knows if these seats despite appearing to have a restricted view are in fact Ok and you can see what is happening on the stage.
Thanks for your help.

You might have an obstructed view of part of the stage, like in this video from the O2 in London last year.

If I were in Paris, I will definitely go.

You might have an obstructed view of part of the stage, like in this video from the O2 in London last year.

If I were in Paris, I will definitely go.
Cheers Ghost of Cain,
If it is the same as that film, it doesn't seem too bad a view, so seeing as I am in Paris anyway I think I will just go for it.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back