Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empire of the Clouds.

But I also think a solid setlist with a couple of deep cuts would be enough to bring some attention to the band. Even playing Rime would probably be a nice surprise for a lot of people.

I've heard that both Steve and Dave would love to play ATG live, it's just they don't wanna go through all the loops of doing that thing, IIRC.

After seeing The Iron Maidens perform the song in Mexico in 2008, Steve was asked by Metal Hammer if that made him want to play it live and he said "No".

Right, first post here:)

I'm hoping for Lonliness of the long distance runner, no prayer for the dying and something from the Blaze era. I would think they should have a few rare tracks to at least create more incentive to purchase the usual live album theyll no doubt release

highly unrealistic but a set I would love to see (with the usual suspects in):

1) Be Quick Or Be Dead
2) 2 Minutes To Midnight
3) Rainmaker
4) The Evil That Men Do
5) The Trooper
6) The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
7) No Prayer For The Dying
8) Seventh Son
9) Futureal
10) The Longest Day
11) Run To The Hills
12) Fear Of The Dark
-
13) Number Of The Beast
14) Iron Maiden
15) Flight Of Icarus

Last edited:

I'm hoping for Lonliness of the long distance runner, no prayer for the dying and something from the Blaze era. I would think they should have a few rare tracks to at least create more incentive to purchase the usual live album theyll no doubt release
Out of the greatest hits/history tours from 1999, 2003, 2005, 2008/2009 and 2012-2014 only one has had a live album and that was probably considered more than on the other tours because they scrapped the prior album tour live release. However, all of those tours have been promoting a compilation or archive live release so maybe we will get something, especially if they go to town with the production.

yep:bigsmile:. more like
1) Be Quick Or Be Dead
2) 2 Minutes To Midnight
3) Rainmaker
4) The Evil That Men Do
5) The Trooper
8) Seventh Son
9) Futureal
10) The Longest Day
11) Fear Of The Dark
12) Iron Maiden
-
13) Number Of The Beast
14) Run To The Hills
15) Flight Of Icarus

although i would like to ditch tracks like FOTD and IM

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if it deserves a specific thread, anyway... Children of The Beast, a Brazilian cover band created this campaign. Share it in your FB profiles if you like!

"Help us to get this video to Iron Maiden!
Would you like to watch Iron Maiden playing Alexander The Great?
We created the campaign #AlexanderLives to try to make this dream come true.

We are going to give away a "Children of the Beast Kit" with T-Shirt + CD + Beer for the Blood Brothers who:
- Tag your friends in the comments below (At least 3 friends per comment*)
- Share this video
- Like Children of the Beast’s Facebook page
The winner will be announced on March, 26th!"

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I completely forgot to share that here! It's also worth noting that Children of the Beast is an official tribute acknowledged even by Iron Maiden themselves, so there's a considerable chance this campaign leads somewhere. I mean, Derek Riggs himself even contributed to the band with an artistic recreation of the Somewhere In Time cover for them to use in their merchandising. They take all of it very seriously, and having seen them twice already—I can tell you, they're nearly identical to Maiden. Same outfits, same instruments, similar backdrops and everything. I haven't seen Maiden live yet (except for the live videos, obviously), but I'm already satisfied, to some degree, for getting the chance to see their tribute. I saw them last year, and they played "Alexander the Great". It was fucking awesome, and I consider myself very lucky for that. :D

highly unrealistic but a set I would love to see (with the usual suspects in):

1) Be Quick Or Be Dead
2) 2 Minutes To Midnight
3) Rainmaker
4) The Evil That Men Do
5) The Trooper
8) Seventh Son
9) Futureal
10) The Longest Day
11) Run To The Hills
12) Fear Of The Dark
-
13) Number Of The Beast
14) Iron Maiden
15) Flight Of Icarus
That would be an awesome set list and an amazing show! :edmetal:

Was this already posted? This sounds exciting:

BRUCE DICKINSON PREDICTS "SOCIAL MEDIA MADNESS" AFTER FIRST SHOW OF IRON MAIDEN TOUR
http://metaltalk.net/news_eighteen/iron_maiden_bruce_tour_preview.php

"From my perspective, I haven't paid too much attention to the game element, to be honest. I'm focused on what's gonna constitute an amazing setlist, and what's gonna constitute an amazing stage show. I'm looking at the show as something that should certainly exceed what we did on 'The Book Of Souls' tour, and I'm approaching things a slightly different way. I'm approaching some of the songs a slightly different way. I'm conscious that over the years we've fallen into a little groove with some songs, so I want to try to shake that groove up a little bit."

"It's different. But when you do a show like we're planning to do, I want it to be really slick, but awesome. I want people to go, 'Wow! Fucking hell, you've gotta see this show!' I want people to be surprised as well. I want them to go home going,'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want.

"When you do an album tour, it's more... you can take time to be a bit goofy with people and for them to digest it and what have you. On 'The Book Of Souls' tour there was quite a lot of chatting with the audience. I'm not planning that on this tour because we've got so much to do and there's so much going on. The show and the music is gonna carry the whole bloody thing.

"I'm pretty intimately involved in the show. There'll be a couple of moments of chat with the audience, but it should be completely self-explanatory what's going on – the drama should be in the transitions of the stage and the music. And we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

Excerpts of that were posted but not the whole thing. The new context makes me think it’s a long set with maybe a couple epics. I’m also starting to wonder if there will be more video screen use and a sort of “storyline” to unify the song choices.

And we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by.
I think what Bruce intended to say here was:
And we're playing things that one or two people are gonna be really surprised by.

One or two.
Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!
I think what Bruce intended to say here was:
Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that fucking song again!

Excerpts of that were posted but not the whole thing. The new context makes me think it’s a long set with maybe a couple epics. I’m also starting to wonder if there will be more video screen use and a sort of “storyline” to unify the song choices.
I've been saying this for a while, but I bet they'll be using screens on the risers or somewhere and integrating that to the set design heavily. I mean like, not just solid backgrounds but even moving elements here and there. The drapes are most definitely staying and I imagine they will be bordered by the stained glass windows from the teaser poster.

a sort of “storyline” to unify the song choices.
It's going to be a full-on Iron Maiden cabaret musical telling the story of the world's greatest Heavy Metal band from start to present. Back from when Steve Harris was out of money, out of luck in 1975 to their Empire of the Clouds in 2018. Iron Maiden tell the world their story in their own way on the Legacy of the Beast tour 2018.

It's going to be a full-on Iron Maiden cabaret musical telling the story of the world's greatest Heavy Metal band from start to present. Back from when Steve Harris was out of money, out of luck in 1975 to their Empire of the Clouds in 2018. Iron Maiden tell the world their story in their own way on the Legacy of the Beast tour 2018.
Featuring all your favorite classics, including Iron Maiden, Wrathchild, The Number of the Beast and Fear of the Dark, and absolutely nothing else because we don't want to get sued and besides there's not enough time to fit a whole stage play and a full gig in one night anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back