Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the new live album having almost all the speaking bits being cut out had something to do with it. Maybe he looked at it and went "hey that'd be interesting to try"?

Not really. He did not talk that much during the Maiden England tour.

Bruce also talks about not speaking to the audience as much and letting the show and music carry the momentum. Hopefully this means we're back to a 16-17 song setlist... or maybe even longer.

Could be if they choose to play shorter songs. They did play 16 songs on the Somewhere Back in Time gigs and 17 songs on the Maiden England gigs in 2012 and 2013 (and some of the 2014 gigs too, for those who are anal about these things).

Got no band to call my own, hit my wife and here I go...
There are two things we learn from this. First of all, Steve was married in 1975. Secondly, Steve was a wife beater.
Was he not talking about Paul? o_O
Those lyrics were indeed referring to Paul. I think neither Steve nor Paul were married in 1975. Those were guide lyrics anyway, I intend to change them before recording the album.

Could be if they choose to play shorter songs. They did play 16 songs on the Somewhere Back in Time gigs and 17 songs on the Maiden England gigs in 2012 and 2013 (and some of the 2014 gigs too, for those who are anal about these things).
Well, they do normally play 16, TBoS was an exception since the songs were so long that it ended up on the long side with Bruce's speeches and all. And even still they had plans to play Brave New World but presumably cut it out once they realized the set length was getting a bit much. Beyond that it's always been 16 (or in some cases more) in the reunion era, except for the first few gigs on the DoD tour, which also only had 15 songs, and AMOLAD, which was due to them playing the whole album. I'm not counting the legs on tours where they weren't headlining and thus had to cut down their set.

So basically unless they're gonna play a bunch of long songs again, I'd expect around 16. Maybe 17 if there's only one longer song in the set and it isn't Rime. Although I suppose it's possible they're gonna deliberately shorten the set to 15 in the future for the sake of making it a touch easier to do. Even a one song difference probably helps.

I'm very glad to be partaking in the second gig on the tour because that minimizes the chance of anything good getting dropped right before. Unless they do a repeat performance of 2010 I guess, except with like SIASL and Wrathchild or something.

Since, Bruce tell us that they gonna surprise us I started to think which songs from the all albums may surprise us and to be considered like a deep cuts.
I'll try to list them:

IM - maybe Prowler and Transylvania :eek:
Killers - Murders in the Rue Morgue and Killers
TNOTB - 22 Acacia Avenue
POM - Where Eagles Dare, Flight of Icarus, DWYBO, Still Life and To Tame A Land
Powerslave - Flash of the Blade, The Duellists and Rime of the Ancient Mariner
SIT - Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, SIASL and the biggest surprise would be Alexander the Great ! pretty much everything on this album would surprise us if they gonna do it live.
SSOASS - Infinite Dreams

NPFTD - Tailgunner, the title track and BYD... TTS
FOTD - BQOBD, From Here to Eternity, Wasting Love and the hidden gem Judas Be My Guide
TXF - Sign of the Cross (for me, Lord of the Flies and Man on the Edge are not going to be a big surprises)
VXI - Futureal and The Clansman

* everything from the 90's albums besides Fear of the Dark would be considered as a surprise !

BNW - Ghost of the Navigator and OOTSP (+ maybe TM, DOM, TFA and The Nomad)
DOD - Rainmaker, No More Lies and Paschendale
AMOLAD - again, pretty much everything on this album would be a surprise. (The Pilgrim, TROBB, FTGGOG and The Legacy)
TFF - Mother of Mercy, The Alchemist and Isle of Avalon
TBOS - Empire of the Clouds !

I'm being realistic for the songs, that's why I left songs like Only the Good Die Young and Deja-Vu. I hope to have more than one or two surprises like Bruce said, 5 deep cuts would be great :D

Would it be too sceptical of me to think that the 'surprise' will just be one slightly surprising choice? Or that nothing will be very surprising at all?

"I'm pretty intimately involved in the show. There'll be a couple of moments of chat with the audience, but it should be completely self-explanatory what's going on – the drama should be in the transitions of the stage and the music. And we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."
It's Alexander The Great and Empire.

Would it be too sceptical of me to think that the 'surprise' will just be one slightly surprising choice? Or that nothing will be very surprising at all?

Bruce said 1 or 2 surprises, so you are not skeptical, you are having a realistic view of the tour. Flight of Icarus might be one of those surprises (not played live since 1986).

Bruce said 1 or 2 surprises, so you are not skeptical, you are having a realistic view of the tour. Flight of Icarus might be one of those surprises (not played live since 1986).

This. Don't think one or two surprises and maybe a handful of songs newer than the 80s gonna generate a fantastic line of obsure songs... a handful is still more than I had hoped, depending of the size of the hand of course.

They're going to play one or two "rare" songs like Children of the Damned, 22AA, Remember Tomorrow, Brave New World, etc...something that has been played in last 20 years but not many times. They are going to have one song that's going to be a real surprise, like Lord of the Flies in 2004, or Afraid to Shoot Strangers in 2012. That could be Flight of Icarus.

I think that's realistic and along the hints.

to be realistic .. brave new world.clansman.heaven can wait.ghost of the navigator.fggog.lord of the flies. thos songs cant be the surprises
were talking about songs like flight of icarus-be quick or be dead-22 accasia.stranger in a strange land.could be the surprises i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back