Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be cool if they moved FOTD to the encores, that would really be a surprise. Plus it gives them more space in the main set for a non-"classic".
I've thought about that a few times. FOTD as the first encore would probably lift the roof wherever they are playing.

I think the themes are based on the mobile game.
I think so too. Battlefield and underworld are two likely themes. I have a feeling the themes will be simply different artwork on the risers and backdrops which will somehow blend together. I don't expect a different stage than we've had the last 15 years.

I wonder is there any chances Maiden to do a song that they never played live - especially from the old classic songs. From the tour poster some people suggested: Flash of the Blade and The Duellists, but that seems impossible - Anyway, I'm ready for surprises !

Last edited:
Yesterday, Judas Priest started their tour for their new album and played the song Saints In Hell which was never been performed live. The song is from 1978 and I wonder is there any chances Maiden to do a song that they never played live - especially from the old classic songs. From the tour poster some people suggested: Flash of the Blade and The Duellists, but that seems impossible - Anyway, I'm ready for surprises !

Kalata, I put this in spoiler tags. I realise this is not a Judas Priest forum, but I know there are some people here who would like to avoid spoilers for their setlist. Don't worry, you did not commit an offence against our rules and this will not have any consequences for you. I'm just asking you and everyone else on the board to respect this from now on.

To everyone, I know it has to be an arbitrary decision what to put in spoilers and what not. In this particular case, I'm using a post by @Forostar and the practice in that thread as a whole as a reference. We can't be perfect about this, but there are some bands that tend to be popular with people who want to avoid spoilers on this board, and we're trying to respect this.

Kalata, I put this in spoiler tags. I realise this is not a Judas Priest forum, but I know there are some people here who would like to avoid spoilers for their setlist. Don't worry, you did not commit an offence against our rules and this will not have any consequences for you. I'm just asking you and everyone else on the board to respect this from now on..

Ok then, (I do not know that this would come up as a spoiler because it was for Judas Priest) I'll edit my comment.

Last edited:
Bruce interview in Kerrang, only tour relevant info is that he wants the stage show to exceed the book of souls tour and that he wants a few big surprises in the setlist, he says he's aware that they've fallen into a bit of a groove recently in terms of regular songs and wants to shake it up.
That sounds promising at least, but I won't get my hopes up.

Considering that Bruce makes the sets now, this a pretty good news.

(Flight Of Icarus is now pretty much confirmed IMO, except if they have trouble in rehearsals with it)

I remember reading an interview with Bruce from before the Book of Souls Tour took off where he mentioned the band were considering playing a song that'd never been done live before. There were even rumors back then that the band would be playing "Deja-Vu" on said tour. Do you think they'd really do something like this? Play a brand new live song?

There's a "rumor" that obscure song from Somewhere In Time will be played every tour. It is never based on facts. The only interview I remember is Bruce saying that they would do a song that they don't play live often, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Children of the Damned. That seems to be their go-to when choosing lesser played songs and that was the first time it was on all legs of a full scale tour since the 80s.

I could see them doing a never before played song at some point, but I think the biggest obstacle is choosing what to play. The only one fans really clamor for is Alexander the Great, anything else is inevitably going to lead to people whining (although I'm sure people will find a reason to complain about ATG too). It might not be worth the trouble for them.

If they're going to bring out a never before played song then this is probably the only real time for it, a history tour with no specific album/era focus could use something like that to spice the set up rather than it just being a Best Of.

When Priest got sued over the suicide thing, their response was to play Better By You, Better Than Me on their Painkiller tour. I'd think it would be a cool statement if Maiden played The Nomad now... but I know they won't.

Especially considering this is supposed to be a game-based tour, and the game does indeed feature some songs on its soundtrack that Maiden never did live.

IIRC Bruce once said on a show that one day they would come to Greece and actually play Alexander The Great... fingers crossed for this July :bigsmile::bigsmile:

When Priest got sued over the suicide thing, their response was to play Better By You, Better Than Me on their Painkiller tour. I'd think it would be a cool statement if Maiden played The Nomad now... but I know they won't.
One of my theories has been that Maiden don’t purposely avoid never before played songs, they just don’t really think about them when there are so many established classics and fan favorites that were played before. I could see them hypothetically playing a rare song after a court case forced them to revisit it.

Not saying it’s even likely, more that the chance of it being played went from 0% to 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back