Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're going to bring out a never before played song then this is probably the only real time for it, a history tour with no specific album/era focus could use something like that to spice the set up rather than it just being a Best Of.
I agree with this, but I’m not going to get my hopes unrealistically high.

I wonder is there any chances Maiden to do a song that they never played live - especially from the old classic songs. From the tour poster some people suggested: Flash of the Blade and The Duellists, but that seems impossible - Anyway, I'm ready for surprises !

Flash of the blade is the one that baffles me. This would be an excellent choice to surprise and delight on this tour. Why don't they play it? They have enough man power to execute it. I think it would be an excellent opener actually. Killer intro explodes out of the darkness with some pyro/flames... FOTB seems like a fan favorite that would bring the house down. even the casuals I know like it. Thoughts?

Flash of the blade is the one that baffles me. This would be an excellent choice to surprise and delight on this tour. Why don't they play it? They have enough man power to execute it. I think it would be an excellent opener actually. Killer intro explodes out of the darkness with some pyro/flames... FOTB seems like a fan favorite that would bring the house down. even the casuals I know like it. Thoughts?
I think FOTB is a bit too hard for Bruce these days. Sun And Steel is more likely than FOTB, IMO.

(however, he continues to surprise me, so...)

I'm not all that fussed by 'Flash of the Blade' to be honest. It's not a bad song but it's just not one that interests me much. It would be nice seeing it live as it would be a new song that I haven't seen them play before, but it's way down on the list of songs I want to see Maiden play.

There's no way they'll play 'Sun and Steel'.

Bruce interview in Kerrang, only tour relevant info is that he wants the stage show to exceed the book of souls tour and that he wants a few big surprises in the setlist, he says he's aware that they've fallen into a bit of a groove recently in terms of regular songs and wants to shake it up.
Well that certainly sounds promising! That's got to be the first time they've ever come close to recognizing the fact that the majority of their recent setlists have been rather stale (TBOS tour notwithstanding, IMO).

I'm not all that fussed by 'Flash of the Blade' to be honest. It's not a bad song but it's just not one that interests me much. It would be nice seeing it live as it would be a new song that I haven't seen them play before, but it's way down on the list of songs I want to see Maiden play.

There's no way they'll play 'Sun and Steel'.

Agreed. I'd take FOTB over Wrathchild any day, but there are lots of other stuff I'd prefer instead.

When it comes to never-played-live-before category, I think that ATG is actually one of the most realistic ones to be played, mainly because Bruce has teased with it from time to time and IT has reached that rather special status. But, as others have stated too, I don't really see it happening. But if they'll end up doing a brand new live song, ATG is one of those you would realistically expect in that unrealistic situation.

I would have loved Only the Good Die Young in Maiden England tour though, it would have been perfect right after The Clairvoyant or as a replacement for Aces High. I'd LIKE to think it as another "realistic" option for an old song to make a live debut, but where Alexander is pretty unrealistic, this is completely out of this world, unfortunately... :D

But yeah, Bruce's words definitely sound good. It wouldn't be the first time when he makes setlist sound more exciting than it ends up being, but as I've stubbornly speculated in this thread, I can definitely see them doing Icarus and a couple of gems that the band and fans both love and which have not been played for some time.

Even though I like The Duellists (which is a hidden gem) more, it would be cool to see Flash of the Blade live too - it would be really big surprise and a fresh approach to the Maiden setlist. The only one thing that I don't like about Flash of the Blade is that don't have a solo on it - the dual harmony is fantastic , but a solo or two would have been good !

i dont think bruce could handle the chorus in FOTB. even if it was a show opener (which it wouldnt be). i'd speculate it would be in the middle of the set. i nice suprise honestly would be BQOBD as the opener. that would blow the roof off. at least for me!

just imagine that bruce air raid siren at the start of BQOBD....magic:shred:

Bruce has always seemed like more interested in doing rare material live than Steve. For example the fact that they (Bruce solo) did Flight of Icarus in Greece in 2002, and whenever he teases Alexander the Great on stage. Steve is probably more stubborn and has a idea that certain songs just can't be done live. Maybe he is more of a perfectionist, and that's why there is no setlist rotation.

I could still imagine half the crowd going wild, while the other half will be saying wtf is this, play FOTD instead. :rolleyes:

We're talking about what we want and think they'll play and all, but in the end, we all know we want them to drop "Fear of the Dark" for "The Angel and the Gambler". :D

"I'm conscious that over the years we've fallen into a little groove with some songs, so I want to try to shake that groove up a little bit... I want (the audience) to go home going, 'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want... we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

-snippet from Kerrang where Bruce talks about the LOTB tour. Looks like I'm going to have a hell of a time staying spoiler-free until August 10th!

image (2).png

"I'm conscious that over the years we've fallen into a little groove with some songs, so I want to try to shake that groove up a little bit... I want (the audience) to go home going, 'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want... we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

-snippet from Kerrang where Bruce talks about the LOTB tour. Looks like I'm going to have a hell of a time staying spoiler-free until August 10th!

View attachment 6769

Coming to London?

View attachment 6769

Wow! Fortunately I'm going to see the first three shows so I won't have a hard time with avoiding spoilers - I always ended up spoiling setlists for myself. :D Not saying it made the shows any less great though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back