Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from being a little slower it isn’t a million miles away from If Eternity Should Fail and could work quite similarly. Opening with a song not from the 80s is unlikely though imo.

Would love to see them get creative with their openers, like how they opened with NOTB on Give Me Ed. It'd be really cool if they went totally left field and opened with Fear Of the Dark, Run To the Hills, or Hallowed Be Thy Name. Or even open with Iron Maiden and have Eddie come out first song. Something like that would make the rest of the set a real surprise. I'd like to see them go with something that's not traditionally an opener though.

Aside from being a little slower it isn’t a million miles away from If Eternity Should Fail and could work quite similarly. Opening with a song not from the 80s is unlikely though imo.
Would love to see them get creative with their openers, like how they opened with NOTB on Give Me Ed. It'd be really cool if they went totally left field and opened with Fear Of the Dark, Run To the Hills, or Hallowed Be Thy Name. Or even open with Iron Maiden and have Eddie come out first song. Something like that would make the rest of the set a real surprise. I'd like to see them go with something that's not traditionally an opener though.
I would like to see BQOBD as an opener ! first song, first scream from Bruce :D - that is somehow a forgotten song, really, this song is one of Maiden greatest hits and a ''fast'' gem for sure ! :)
01. The Legacy
02. Be Quick or Be Dead
... this would make up for years of predictable setlists :)

01. The Legacy
02. Be Quick or Be Dead
That would make the pain of being on holiday during the UK tour even worse. Throw in Still Life and Paschendale if you want to ruin my dad’s holiday too.

What you think guys are the chances Maiden to play The Legacy on this LOTB tour ? o_O
Well, the last time Bruce talked about "legacy" during concerts, it was while introducing Powerslave. (Not that I'm complaining, Powerslave is one of my favourite songs and should be played on nearly every tour)

With this tour having "legacy" as part of its name, I am sure Bruce will take the opportunity to make a play on it. If they don't end up playing The Legacy, I hope he uses it as a way to introduce the comeback of The Song Beckett Helped Write But Which Is not About Nomads.

Well, the last time Bruce talked about "legacy" during concerts, it was while introducing *Powerslave. (Not that I'm complaining, Powerslave is one of my favourite songs and should be played on nearly every tour)

With this tour having "legacy" as part of its name, I am sure Bruce will take the opportunity to make a play on it. If they don't end up playing The Legacy, I hope he uses it as a way to introduce the comeback of The Song Beckett Helped Write But Which Is not About Nomads.

*COTD

What ? This is a great song, an ''epic'' which will be a great surprise to the setlist !
It is indeed a great song and my personal favourite from 'A Matter of Life and Death'. However, it isn't exactly regarded as a fan favourite and I doubt it's one that Maiden themselves think about often. It would be great to see it live again, but I'm not even considering it as an option.

01. The Legacy
02. Be Quick or Be Dead

For the LOTB tour, the song that I want the most to hear is Out of the Silent Planet ! Such a great song and one of my favorites from Maiden ! They haven't played it live since 2001 or 2002, I think - that's sad and the song is one of the best from Janick and a great single :)

Last edited:
For the LOTB tour, the song that I want the most to hear is Out of the Silent Planet ! Such a great song and one of my favorites from Maiden ! The haven't played it live since 2001 or 2002, I think - that's sad and the song is one of the best from Janick and a great single :)
I like the song for its chorus but in my opinion, it has two many intros (on the album version at least) and I think the different changes of rhythm make up for the fact that they didn't really know what to do with it.

I like the song for its chorus but in my opinion, it has two many intros (on the album version at least) and I think the different changes of rhythm make up for the fact that they didn't really know what to do with it.
On the live version of it they cut all the intros and went straight to the snare fill and then into the verse. It was better.

Id say that The Wicker Man is the most epic opener... just look at Rock in Rio where Adrian enters the stage and BAM! Like getting a punch in the chest

That's one of the last performances of this song ! Hopes for the LOTB tour :)

Last edited:

That's one of the last performances of this song ! Hopes for the LOTB :)
Funny. That show was supposed to be the DVD. Seems like every time Bruce announces a DVD on stage it ends up not being released. Download 07 and Buenos Aires 2011 come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back