11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
------------------------------------
15. Caught Somewhere In Time
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Run To The Hills

With Moonchild, CIPWM, FOTD, Wasted Years, Clairvoyant and HCW? It was an 80's tour. Same with the ME Tour, which was a farce. No Killers, Still Life, Infinite Dreams...

That was by far my biggest let down on all of their tours was leaving those 3 songs out in 2012. They played 4 songs from SSOASS on SBIT btw.... only 2 from SIT. It's blasphemy the way the ignore SIT..... I have always hated that they ignore it. Nicko could never really say why when I asked him. My fingers are crossed one last time as I don't see any other tour with them aside from this one with the opportunity like this one has.

Let me dream......

What 2008 setlist should've been:

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Revelations
5. The Trooper
6. The Number Of The Beast
7. 22 Accacia Avenue
8. Rime Of The Acient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Phantom Of The Opera
11. Run To The Hills
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Murders In A Rue Morgue
15. Running Free
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

What 2012/13 setlist should've been:

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
7. The Number Of The Beast
8. Stranger In A Strange Land
9. Killers
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Run To The Hills
I always thought they should have started with Early Days covering the first three albums instead of the first four... it would have made much more sense, and they could have used it as a basis for SBIT and ME.

Early Days: Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast
SBIT: Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time
Maiden England: 7th Son, No Prayer, FOTD

Much more room for rarities and deep cuts from the actual eras covered on each tour.

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Revelations
5. The Trooper
7. 22 Accacia Avenue
9. Powerslave
10. Phantom Of The Opera
11. Run To The Hills
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Running Free
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

1. Moonchild
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
9. Killers
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Run To The Hills
Plus "Fear of the Dark" shouldn't be on any of them. As much as I love the song, it's not from the tours' respective eras, thus its inclusion made zero sense.

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Revelations
5. The Trooper
7. 22 Accacia Avenue
9. Powerslave
10. Phantom Of The Opera
11. Run To The Hills
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Running Free
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

1. Moonchild
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
9. Killers
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Run To The Hills

Why not SIASL in 2008 setlist?

I always thought they should have started with Early Days covering the first three albums instead of the first four... it would have made much more sense, and they could have used it as a basis for SBIT and ME.

Early Days: Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast
SBIT: Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time
Maiden England: 7th Son, No Prayer, FOTD

Much more room for rarities and deep cuts from the actual eras covered on each tour.

Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son both used GK250ML amps and synths. Those two should have been together with the original equipment because most who think Seventh Son is the best album, SIT is not far behind and vice versa. Would be a killer set list but of course, September 10th, 1986 is possibly the rarest set list of the 80s... Look up that date for those that don't know and look at what was played that night :notworthy:

the emphasis of that tour was Live After Death and strong powerslave tracks....

Here we go again. The tour was going to cover the 80s as a result of Live After Death being released on DVD, with a release for Maiden England originally planned for later in that year. Even though the emphasis was on ancient Egypt when it came to the setlist, different Eddies were used in the artwork to reflect that fact.

Plans changed later, hence the decision to postpone the release of Maiden England to coincide with a third History of Iron Maiden tour once the following album tour cycle had finished. The rest, as they say, is history (of Iron Maiden). :)

Other song that I want for the upcoming tour is Wasting Love - always liked this power ballad and it was a hit song in '92 ! Top-notch song by Janick with an amazing guitar solo. B)

Other song that I want for the upcoming tour is Wasting Love

Another song that I like and wouldn't mind hearing live; just like ATSS, I'd say that Wasting Love would sound better than ever with the current line-up.

But. There's still quite a big bunch of this kind of cuts that I'd prefer over this one.

Last edited:
Another song that I like and wouldn't mind hearing live; like ATSS, I'd say that it would sound better than ever with the current line-up.

But. There's still quite a big bunch of this kind of cuts that I'd prefer over this one.
It did sound better in 2013. H's rythm guitar during guitar melodies did wonders.

Another song that I like and wouldn't mind hearing live; like ATSS, I'd say that it would sound better than ever with the current line-up.

My personal 3 songs that I want the most to hear live on the upcoming tour are:

1. Prowler
2. Wasting Love
3. Out of the Silent Planet (or Rainmaker) + ATG ;)

Hellfest running order is up, Maiden are down for 2 hours. The other headliners have different times (Priest and Avenged Sevenfold are both 90mins) so it doesn't seem like just a standard headliner running time.
This pleases me.
Also, Nightwish are on after Maiden on the same stage at 1am. Is this normal? Maiden are clearly the headliners.
I did once see an ABBA tribute act follow James Brown at a festival but Nightwish aren't to Maiden what an ABBA tribute act is to James Brown. Seems strange to me.
Main point is; 2 Hours :shred:

"Wasting Love", IMO, sounded awful back in 1992. The harmonies sounded very awkward, didn't work well live at all.

Also, Nightwish are on after Maiden on the same stage at 1am. Is this normal? Maiden are clearly the headliners.

Maiden are the headliners, therefore they play at the most coveted time

I guess their set would be between 100 minutes and 110 minutes, like it has been the norm since the reunion. ;)

Well, the timeline for Tallin says that Maiden is on from 20:50 to 23:00. It might be a longer show this time. Usually it is 1:40-1:45. This one is looking to be around 1:50-2:00.

Hellfest running order is up, Maiden are down for 2 hours. The other headliners have different times (Priest and Avenged Sevenfold are both 90mins) so it doesn't seem like just a standard headliner running time.
This pleases me.
I did once see an ABBA tribute act follow James Brown at a festival but Nightwish aren't to Maiden what an ABBA tribute act is to James Brown. Seems strange to me.
Man, I hope for a Hellfest Pro-Shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back