Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce literally mentioned not paying any attention to the game when deciding the setlist, so I really don't see why the opposite would apply either. I doubt the band's involved in the game stuff at all, and I'm pretty sure they don't even know anything about the setlist, so this really feels like a reach.

"...we've crafted a gaming experience that explores the Mayan world of 'The Book Of Souls' record and marks the first of many timed in-game events that will enrich the band's touring activity, engaging fans old and new across the globe in a way never before possible." - developer Llexi Leon in July 2017

Announcing a very expensive new character just before the tour starts sure seems like some sort of direct tie-in to me. And keep in mind the SBIT setlist, for example, was essentially decided by Bruce and Steve months in advance during the previous tour, so there could very well be key songs central to the LOTB stage show/production that have long been decided upon.

Alexander is somewhat similar to If Eternity Should Fail. Both have intros... I'm starting to 'scratch my head'. Opening the show with Alexander definitely would cause some madness. I think we will be surprised.

Eh, I dunno. Still seems pretty shaky to me. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they really finally did do it, and it'd definitely fit the bill on social media madness but using a quote from the dev dating back to the TBOS tour doesn't really fill me with confidence. What tie-ins did they really have on that one?

The only issue with the extended TAATG is that the editing together isn't always the best. Otherwise I still love the damn song.

"...we've crafted a gaming experience that explores the Mayan world of 'The Book Of Souls' record and marks the first of many timed in-game events that will enrich the band's touring activity, engaging fans old and new across the globe in a way never before possible." - developer Llexi Leon in July 2017

Announcing a very expensive new character just before the tour starts sure seems like some sort of direct tie-in to me. And keep in mind the SBIT setlist, for example, was essentially decided by Bruce and Steve months in advance during the previous tour, so there could very well be key songs central to the LOTB stage show/production that have long been decided upon.

Steve might have changed his mind, but the last time he was asked about playing Alexander the Great showed no intention of doing it.

Guys, what a tour it will be!

Stranger In a Strange Land;
Flight of Icarus;
Where Eagles Dare;
ALEXANDER THE GREAT!

Reality:
2 minutes to midnight;
Run to the hills;
Revelations;
Wrathchild.

"Strangely", most of the guys here insert SIASL in their prediction sets, although except for some wishes Nicko expressed, there is absolutely no clue that it will ever be played again. Personally, I hope for this more than the ATG dreams, but I believe it has zero chances ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back