Language topic

There's a famous case about whether Jaffa Cakes are cakes or biscuits (the distinction is necessary for VAT reasons), and I think one of the legal teams brought into court a large baked Jaffa cake to prove their point. The upshot was that for VAT purposes the Jaffa cake is a cake. (But the name is irrelevant)

There's a famous case about whether Jaffa Cakes are cakes or biscuits (the distinction is necessary for VAT reasons), and I think one of the legal teams brought into court a large baked Jaffa cake to prove their point. The upshot was that for VAT purposes the Jaffa cake is a cake. (But the name is irrelevant)

Yup, extra VAT must be paid on chocolate covered biscuits, but not chocolate covered cakes! It's that case that I got the "soft/hard when they go off" definition from :)

You know, duty & VAT (etc) is surprisingly interesting. You ever looked up the catagories for exporting/importing, on HMRC's website. It's highly amusing.

Cape Cod was among the first places settled by the English in North America. Aside from Barnstable (1639), Sandwich(!) (1637) and Yarmouth (1639), the Cape's fifteen towns developed slowly.

And what do you call this:

Fortune_cookie_broken_20040628_223252_1.jpg
A fortune cookie. Usually served with Chinese food and have bad, broken English fortunes. :p I've gotten some really funny ones.

To be honest any language would sound out of ordinary like German did in this video if you pronounced the words in that manner.

I've never seen it on here... Never.

Flash, I'm sorry, but Schmetterling and Krankenhaus among others, sound harsh even if the "french" girl said them "softly."

Back