KISS

I wish they would milk it in the form of archival video and audio.

Exactly .. I would be down for that. The Kissology DVDs were cool, but there has to be so much more out there. That I am interested in ... Kiss Pumas or other merch .. not so much

I do have to recommend Kiss Mini golf in Vegas though. It’s a good time and the people are really cool and friendly. They also have a ton of cool memorabilia. A little bit from other rock bands too, there’s even some Iron Maiden stuff. From what I understand it was started by some fans and not owned directly by the band, they just licensed out the name.

I do have to recommend Kiss Mini golf in Vegas though. It’s a good time and the people are really cool and friendly. They also have a ton of cool memorabilia. A little bit from other rock bands too, there’s even some Iron Maiden stuff. From what I understand it was started by some fans and not owned directly by the band, they just licensed out the name.

yeah. Not all of it is crap. But my real problem with Kiss (and I note, they were the first band I really got into, so I have a soft spot for them) is that over time they have become mostly about the merch side and the music supports that versus the other way around ... like Maiden, who certainly makes some serious bank selling Eddie stuff, but, the music side is supports the merch.

The more interesting bit of info there is that Paul isn’t discounting the possibility of appearances from other members. Knowing the way Kiss operates, I’m guessing the tour is mostly mapped out already and they know who will be joining them for reunions. Could be interesting to see how they work other members into the traditional 4 piece show.

The more interesting bit of info there is that Paul isn’t discounting the possibility of appearances from other members. Knowing the way Kiss operates, I’m guessing the tour is mostly mapped out already and they know who will be joining them for reunions. Could be interesting to see how they work other members into the traditional 4 piece show.

What is interesting is they announced the tour a while ago, but no dates yet. I am sure they are feeling out what $ they can get as themselves versus if they add back Ace.

Well this farewell tour will continue for 3 years, so I want at least Ace to return (he is one of my favorite guitarists).

Well this farewell tour will continue for 3 years, so I want at least Ace to return (he is one of my favorite guitarists).

I think they need him for a better show. If they are doing 25 songs ... Paul really cannot sing more than 10 ... his voice is just shot. Ace can pick up a lot of slack there. Plus he adds personality to the band

I think they need him for a better show. If they are doing 25 songs ... Paul really cannot sing more than 10 ... his voice is just shot. Ace can pick up a lot of slack there. Plus he adds personality to the band

But if his ''Spaceman'' costume will fit him. :p

Ace is in great shape, way better than during the first reunion. He would actually look better in the costume now I think.

I'm really not sure whether we should expect Ace to come back. I don't know if I expect that to really boost sales all that much anyway. I'm noticing a lot of buzz with this tour from people who aren't normally into Kiss and definitely won't know/care about who is in the band. Ace definitely isn't a liability anymore and it's just one tour. So I guess it's more whether there's any financial benefit or if they want to end with this current lineup being the definitive one.

Ace is in great shape, way better than during the first reunion. He would actually look better in the costume now I think.

Actually, you're maybe right.

Attachments

• 44508700_762278130782517_864446079096061952_n.jpg
    44508700_762278130782517_864446079096061952_n.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 14
That is why a reunion with Ace is even in the conversation right now. He’s 10+ years sober and way healthier now than he was in the 90s.

It will come down to money ... if promoters will pay Kiss some amount more than they would need to pay Ace versus Tommy if Ace is with them ... Ace is in ... if not, he is not in. I suspect the stuff he has been doing with Gene lately and Paul before were semi-trial runs in case it came to that to see if they can deal with him. I assume due to age and health Peter is a no go for either way. Beyond maybe some one off deal, but there seems to be a lot of blood between him and everyone.

I absolutely loved KISS back in the day.

I mean, c'mon, I was 14 and these guys were dressed like super heroes. You do the math.

It was the perfect storm.

In fact, I loved them so much I actually wore a homemade Ace Frehley costume (Love Gun) and makeup with some other guys and performed Shout It Out Loud in a high school talent show.

We finished 2nd. We got beat out by a girl who sang Bette Midler's 'The Rose'

God, I hated that song. I was soooo happy when it went away. Ditto 'You Light Up My Life'

Oh, By the way, Forostar...did you get permission to list the tracks?

If not, Gene Simmons and all his lawyers are coming after you. :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Kiss announced the first dates of their farewell tour -> http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-announces-first-end-of-the-road-world-tour-dates/

"End Of The Road" tour dates:

North America

Jan. 31 - Vancouver, BC, Canada @ Rogers Arena
Feb. 01 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Moda Center
Feb. 02 - Tacoma, WA @Tacoma Dome
Feb. 04 - Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena

Feb. 07 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
Feb. 08 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
Feb. 09 - Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
Feb. 12 - Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
Feb. 13 - Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena
Feb. 15 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena
Feb. 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
Feb. 19 - Corpus ChrisW, TX @ American Bank Center
Feb. 20 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
Feb. 22 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
Feb. 23 - Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
Feb. 26 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake
Feb. 27 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Mar. 01 - Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
Mar. 02 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
Mar. 04 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Mar. 06 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
Mar. 07 - Omaha, NE @ CenturyLink Center
Mar. 09 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
Mar. 10 - Moline, IL @ Mark of the Quad CiWes
Mar. 12 - Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
Mar. 13 - Detroit, MI @ Lible Caesars Arena
Mar. 16 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
Mar. 17 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Mar. 19 - Montreal, QC, @ Canada Bell Centre
Mar. 20 - Toronto, ON, @ Canada Air Canada Centre
Mar. 22 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Mar. 23 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
Mar. 26 - Boston, MA TD @ Garden
Mar. 27 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Mar. 29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
Mar. 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
Apr. 02 - Quebec City, QC @ Videotron Centre
Apr. 03 - Obawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre
Apr. 06 - Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
Apr. 07 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
Apr. 09 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
Apr. 11 - Tampa, FL@ Amalie Arena
Apr. 12 - Jacksonville, FL@ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
Apr. 13 - Birmingham, AL @ BJCC

Europe

May 27 - Leipziger Messe - Leipzig, Germany
May 29 - Stadthalle - Vienna, Austria
May 31 - Konigsplatz - Munich, Germany
Jun. 02 - Georg Meiches Stadium - Essen, Germany
Jun. 04 - Waldbuhne - Berlin, Germany
Jun. 05 - Expo-Plaza - Hannover, Germany
Jun. 07 - Sweden Rock Festival - Sölvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Ice Arena - St. Petersburg, Russia
Jun. 13 - Dinamon Stadium - Moscow, Russia
Jun. 16 - Nsa Stadium - Kiev, Ukraine
Jun. 18 - Tauron Arena - Krakow, Poland
Jun. 25 - Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Jun. 27 - Tons Of Rock - Oslo, Norway
Jun. 28 - Trondheim Rocks - Trondheim, Norway
Jul. 02 - Ippodromo Snai San Siro - Milan, Italy
Jul. 04 - Hallenstadion - Zurich, Switzerland
Jul. 06 - Rennbahn - Iffezheim, Germany
Jul. 09 - Birmingham Arena - Birmingham, England
Jul. 11 - O2 Arena - London, England
Jul. 12 - Manchester Arena - Manchester, England
Jul. 14 - Newcastle Arena - Newcastle, England
Jul. 16 - Sse Hydro - Glasgow, Scotland

kissendoftheroadofficialposteroct2018_638.jpeg

Last edited:
If Kiss quit, will this also be the end of Maiden-Kiss comparisons?

Back