Judas Priest

Quiz time

When was the last time Maiden played to a crowd smaller than 10,000?

Three shows in a row last US tour. Lincoln, Kansas City and St. Louis. All around 7,000. The smallest show during TBOS tour was in Oklahoma. Only 5,307 people showed up.

Still considerably bigger than most (if not all) Judas Priest headlining shows on the USA, which is pretty ironic considering how much Priest tried to change their sound to conquer the North American market (where they ended up being really popular) in the 80s.

Last edited:
I've been to the Cart & Horses, they probably couldn't have fit 3000 people in there...

Exactly. Every tour. Most arenas in the UK aren't 10,000+ are they? Then again they don't play the UK that often...

Three shows in a row last US tour. Lincoln, Kansas City and St. Louis. All around 7,000. The smallest show during TBOS tour was in Oklahoma. Only 5,307 people showed up.

Thanks guys, I've never paid much attention to the capacity of some venues for the Maiden tours, but in the end pretty much everywhere in the world Maiden plays in front of more public than Judas Priest.

I saw Priest at The Anthem in DC, so far the only sold out show(6,000) in the US. They were awesome! I just wish they played
I prefer metal shows with no seats and just GA standing like at The Anthem. The atmosphere was amazing at this show.

I saw Priest at The Anthem in DC, so far the only sold out show(6,000) in the US. They were awesome! I just wish they played
I prefer metal shows with no seats and just GA standing like at The Anthem. The atmosphere was amazing at this show.

pretty sure the show I saw in Kent just outside Seattle was sold out.
Capacity between 6000 and 8000 I think.

Firepower is definitely an amazing album, and solid indeed! Many good songs, Rising From The Ruins, Spectre, No Surrender, Lightning Strike, etc. All classics! It sounds like classic Priest meets Painkiller album with some new ideas but it all worked well. Firepower is a powerful!

I bought Firepower the same day as Saxon's new one.

Really pleasantly surprised by both \m/

I realized that Judas Priest have released a lot of bonus songs to their albums and I'm gonna list them now:
*but can someone tell me if these are all... :)

- Race With The Devil (The Gun cover, recorded during the Stained Class sessions): bonus song on Sin After Sin '77 album
- Fire Burns Below (recorded during the Ram It Down sessions): bonus song on Stained Class '78 album
- Fight For Your Life (recorded during the Screaming For Vengeance sessions): bonus song on KM/HBFL '78 album (that is basically an early version of RHRF)
- Red, White & Blue (recorded during the Turbo sessions): bonus song on British Steel '80 album
- Thunder Road (recorded during the Ram It Down sessions): bonus song on Point Of Entry '81 album (that song is really good and should have been on the RID album)
- Prisoner Of Your Eyes (recorded during the Turbo sessions): bonus song on Screaming For Vengeance '82 album
- Turn On Your Light (recorded during the Turbo sessions): bonus song on Defenders Of The Faith '84 album
- All Fired Up (recorded during the Turbo sessions): bonus song on Turbo '86 album
- Heart Of A Lion (song left over from the Twin Turbos project and later released on the Metalogy box set) *the songs Under The Gun and Fighting For Your Love from this project are still unreleased !
- the song My Design from the RID sessions is also, still unreleased !
- Living Bad Dreams (recorded during the Painkiller sessions): bonus song on Painkiller '90 album
- Snakebite, Tears Of Blood, Creatures, Bring It On and Never Forget (bonus songs on Redeemer Of Souls '14 album)

From all these songs it would be created a great album.

Last edited:
Back