Judas Priest

Do Judas Priest really play in these small venues on the current tour... :eek: (info from Wikipedia)

jpft18.png

I saw them in one, so...yes.

I'm totally surprised ! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maiden never played in such small venues - 3,000+

And on the last concert (from the picture I posted), the venue size is 4,277 but the attendance was only 1,923 o_O

To put that in perspective, the closest stop to Chicago on the latest tour was probably Milwaukee's Riverside, which is a 2,450 capacity theatre. That's the same size as the Riviera Theatre in Chicago, where I've recently seen Opeth and Amon Amarth.

They play much bigger amphitheaters during the summer, but only if they're part of a double bill. This year's Priest/Purple tour will play in the venue that Maiden most recently played in as a solo headliner.

Can you do this for Iced Earth's Something Wicked albums and Dream Theater's latest album please?
I'll do it for IE, but probably not for DT. DT's album is made up of gazillion short songs, at least for IE and Priest there's a noticeable difference between real and intro songs.

I've been inspired by that abridged version of Nightfall In Middle-Earth that Blind Guardian officially released few years ago.

You actually could edit The Astonishing, but there's a fine balancing act between removing filler songs and not ruining the album's storyline.

I've been inspired by that abridged version of Nightfall In Middle-Earth that Blind Guardian officially released few years ago.
I didn't know they did that, but I have no problem with 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth' the way it is. In spite of the filler interludes it is a masterpiece.

Quiz time

When was the last time Maiden played to a crowd smaller than 10,000?

Three shows in a row last US tour. Lincoln, Kansas City and St. Louis. All around 7,000. The smallest show during TBOS tour was in Oklahoma. Only 5,307 people showed up.

Aberdeen and Nottingham have arenas with capacities below 10,000. The rest that I can quickly look up are all at least 10,000 capacity.

Back