Judas Priest

I challenged myself to cut down Nostradamus to a single CD release.

I removed about 22 minutes, cut or merged intros/outros from few songs and removed like 5 songs altogether and some other stuff that didn't really flow well, and it all came down to this:

hrbgyP7.jpg

If anyone wants to hear it :innocent:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL35LjZ8wshhP0pv8VjMNiCrGzulmey_ZJ

For me, the best Priest song since the return of Rob is Halls Of Valhalla !

Though, some of the songs on Firepower like Traitors Gate and Rising From Ruins maybe will change my mind... :innocent:

Last edited:
Ian Hill comments on why KK wasn't asked back:

"I didn't know, really, where he was coming from with that comment," Hill said (see video below). "I think he just played a bit of mischief, to be honest. I mean, Ken's place in the band has already been taken; he's sitting right there [referring to current PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner, who was also taking part in the press conference, alongside drummer Scott Travis]. It's also two albums down the road since 'Nostradamus', which is the last one he played on, and is he gonna be prepared to play music from the new album, which he probably would not. And on top of that, he's gonna have to learn Glenn's parts too. So it's all reasons why we didn't [ask him to return]. Apart from that, he's been retired for nearly eight years. He hasn't since set foot on stage as far as I know, so he's hardly at the peak of his game at the moment. So, yeah, I wasn't quite sure where he was coming from with that — I really don't. I think it might have been just [him playing] a bit of mischief."

The hatred for KK runs deep.

I guess they were prepared to forgive Rob after being reduced to playing bingo halls in the 90s.

After Ken left, little changed.

The Sneap guy has no stage presence though.

"Hardly at the peak of his game at the moment" - That could easily refer to Priest themselves now. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Firepower but their live shows aren't the most lively anymore, Richie's the only one who looks like he wants to be there. I do feel for Sneap though, he must feel a huge amount of pressure stepping into that role so suddenly.

Wow. Great show! Tipton came on for 5 songs! Read some interesting setlist bit here:
I hadn't followed the tour well, and thought he would (IF he went on) do a maximum of four songs, but the special thing was that also did Victim of Changes (only the 2nd time this tour I believe?) and a world live premiere of a song: No Surrender! The band decided to do it in the 013 venue in Tilburg because the band had special memories. One of them: the first ever gig with Faulkner was done here.

To hear Saints in Hell, Grinder and Sinner was fantastic!

O yeah, and these ones!
Night Comes Down and Tyrant!

EDIT: Looks like I missed these songs from this tour:

Some Heads Are Gonna Role (damn!)
Electric Eye (weird: a Priest gig without this song is like Maiden without Hallowed/Beast/Iron Maiden)
Evil Never Dies
Running Wild (wow, would also have loved this)
Green Manalishi
Angel

I won't complain because having Glenn doing 5 songs, and the before mentioned songs were very, very satisfying.

Last edited:
O yeah, and these ones!
Night Comes Down and Tyrant!

EDIT: Looks like I missed these songs from this tour:

Some Heads Are Gonna Role (damn!)
Electric Eye (weird: a Priest gig without this song is like Maiden without Hallowed/Beast/Iron Maiden)
Evil Never Dies
Running Wild (wow, would also have loved this)
Green Manalishi
Angel

I won't complain because having Glenn doing 5 songs, and the before mentioned songs were very, very satisfying.
did they play Tyrant? They played that the night AFTER I saw them :mad:

Damn, I hope Victim of Changes stays in the setlist when I see them on Friday. One of the songs that got me into Priest. And such a powerful song live when I saw them back in 2015.

Yes Terrell. Longest gig of the tour perhaps! This was the setlist, 20 songs, if you not count
Prelude and Guardians which are still separate tracks on the albums (but they were played by tape, so I see why they are not counted on setlist fm) !

01 Firepower
02 Grinder
03 Sinner
04 The Ripper
05 Lightning Strike
06 Bloodstone
07 Saints in Hell
08 Turbo Lover
Prelude
09 Tyrant
10 Night Comes Down
11 Freewheel Burning
Guardians
12 Rising From Ruins
13 You've Got Another Thing Comin'
14 Hell Bent for Leather
15 Painkiller
encore:
16 Metal Gods (with Glenn Tipton)
17 Breaking the Law (with Glenn Tipton)
18 Victim of Changes (with Glenn Tipton)
19 No Surrender (with Glenn Tipton) (Live premiere)
20 Living After Midnight (with Glenn Tipton)

Last edited:
Let's invite Les Binks and Simon Phillips for a couple of songs. And Al Atkins and Ripper. And some others, if they are welcome, willing and alive.

Judas Priest kicked ass on Wednesday night in "Chicago", even if the set was barely 70 minutes and Halford literally never once talked to the crowd. They sounded much better than I expected them too, especially Rob, even though he didn’t sing the main lyrics on the choruses of 3-4 popular songs and did the lame “hold the mic out to the audience for the words” bit.

Here's some pics and video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmzzoB5gMyS/?taken-by=brettknickerbocker

Highlights were the new songs, which kicked all sorts of ass, Painkiller of course, and Sinner. Faulkner did an extended solo in Sinner that was absolutely amazing. Setlist could have been way longer and could have used more deep cuts but unfortunately they were stuck with the opening slot on a co-headlining tour.

What did you think of Ritchie on stage? I was blown away with how well he fits in and leads. Like he's meant to be there.

What did you think of Ritchie on stage? I was blown away with how well he fits in and leads. Like he's meant to be there.

Agreed 100%. He had great stage presence and his playing is impeccable. I don't have the prior knowledge of having seen Priest with KK or Glenn (sadly no Glenn appearance for us), so I don't know what they were like live but Richie was fantastic. I'd be willing to bet his playing is tighter than KK's and maybe even Glenn's. Guy is a beast of a player.

Oh Ritchie is way more accurate than KK and Glenn for sure. I would argue that he played the solos on some songs better than either of them ever did, at least live.

Back