Judas Priest

New Invincible Shield video sounds great… :-D

Great. I love this song, harmonies, chorus, Richie playing shines, especially with his solo. The sound is good yes. A live album or live streamed videos shared on their page I guess is on the way. Unexpected? The song sounds a bit better in the studio, but Rob's changed vocals during the verses are for the better.

Btw, the lighting designer for this tour is Martin Brennan. He worked for Maiden and we can see him in the 2003 documentary.

I doubt that they will release the Greek show as a live album/DVD, but it definitely seems that they're analyzing the fans' reactions and they want to see if there's a demand for such a release. The perfect option would be a DVD from some concert (probably a festival gig since they're almost always filmed) and an audio release like F666/A Touch of Evil: Live - containing a mix of everything (or almost everything) they've played on the tour.

I also hope that once they retire, they'll release some live albums from the 2018-2022 tours, which were packed with lots of deep cuts and deserve proper documentation. But for now, I'll be happy with a live release from the current tour.

Read in an interview with Hill that they found and bought the master multi track tapes for Rocka Rolla. Tom Allom has remixed it for an upcoming release. Hope they do it for Sad Wings too.
I don't think that SWoD needs a remix. It doesn't sound bad. Yes, they should have started working with Allom way earlier, and if they did, the '70s records would sound much more powerful (Unleashed in the East serves as the proof), but it's not a bad-sounding LP. Damn, it sounds pretty nice, if you ask me. I love the gentleness of Rob's vocals during the slow part of Victim of Changes. Sometimes it feels like you're in the studio with the band, the almost "intimate" production works well here. Rocka Rolla, on the other hand... Priest were never happy with the final result, and if they think that after 50 years they managed to improve the sound of the album, I'll be glad to hear what they prepared. I doubt it's gonna make me fall in love with Rocka Rolla, but listening to it could be an interesting experience.

All videos are from Greece so it is almost certain. Very good performance and I like how it sounds - .

I think that they will release it online (don't know if from day one but maybe a little bit later). Either way - I hope that there will be blu-ray because at the moment this show looks quite great :-)

At this point I'm not so sure about them releasing the Greek show as the live album/DVD/BR. So far, they've shown US 3 songs of the 16 they played in Athens, none of them is described as a single. They're meant to promote the US leg of the tour. And I guess that Rapid Fire isn't the last track they're gonna publish on their YT profile. I think that since the fans are interested in a live release (which, as Richie stated, is necessary to make them think about releasing a live album) we are going to get it, but it's not going to be the Greek performance. Maybe some other festival, they have plenty of options to choose from, or (I hope so) they could film an arena show with better camera crew. I like Battle Cry more than Epitaph, but Epitaph definitely looks better.

That being said, I absolutely wouldn't mind a box set with various 2018-2024 shows. They've played like 70 (?) different songs during this period, some of them really should be documented properly (One Shot at Glory, Night Comes Down, Rocka Rolla, Genocide... Not to mention the FP/IS songs). Hell, release those shows like Springsteen and Metallica do. Just let us hear this stuff.

At this point I'm not so sure about them releasing the Greek show as the live album/DVD/BR. So far, they've shown US 3 songs of the 16 they played in Athens, none of them is described as a single. They're meant to promote the US leg of the tour. And I guess that Rapid Fire isn't the last track they're gonna publish on their YT profile. I think that since the fans are interested in a live release (which, as Richie stated, is necessary to make them think about releasing a live album) we are going to get it, but it's not going to be the Greek performance.
That's odd, the interest will always be there (plus they are releasing them anyway), but it is possible the live release to be from some other gigs. It's just odd to release a few live videos (more than the usual two) from one tour without an official live release. Nothing is like an official pro-shot!
Maybe some other festival, they have plenty of options to choose from, or (I hope so) they could film an arena show with better camera crew. I like Battle Cry more than Epitaph, but Epitaph definitely looks better.
Festival sounds plausible (like Wacken 2015). Epitaph is captured better than Battle Cry imo.
That being said, I absolutely wouldn't mind a box set with various 2018-2024 shows. They've played like 70 (?) different songs during this period, some of them really should be documented properly...
That would be great, but the chances are not high at all. Well, not now.
Like with the rest of their 70s discography
Not all albums for me.

Last edited:
That's odd.

Festival sounds plausible (like Wacken 2015). Epitaph is captured better than Battle Cry imo.

That would be great, but the chances are not high at all.

Not all albums for me.
That's what Richie said in the interview with Metal Pilgrim. They will release a live album if the fans show enough interest for such a release. Perhaps that's the point of uploading the recent videos, they want to see if there's a point in that. I can imagine that live albums/DVDs aren't very profitable now. Ghost has recently released an audio version of their concert movie, and while it did pretty well, their latest studio record was much more successful. The sad truth is that the days of LPs such as Live After Death, Unleashed in the East, and Live and Dangerous are gone. Today everything's on YT. When it comes to bands like Accept or Sodom it's not a big problem, because you can watch lots of their concerts for free - and if you want, convert them to MP3 and even make bootlegs for your own use - it is a problem here. We have no SBD recordings from the last several tours, except for the Download 2019 gig (which had to be reworked to sound good).

I can see them releasing older live material at some point, but probably after they retire. I like Deep Purple's strategy: you can buy a live album from basically any tour you want. They're an extremely well-documented band. Some can call it a cash grab, but those albums are made for the die-hard fans. I wish that more bands would follow the same route. Including Maiden.

Back