Judas Priest

Selfishly I want them to tour with Saxon but realistically it will be someone like Sabaton

Ian:

[Priest touring plans for the rest of 2024, going into 2025]... ''That'll take us probably to maybe October. And we've got a little bit of time off then, and then off to Japan in December. Then it's Christmas and then possibly next year, South America, maybe Southeast Asia. We'll see what crops up next year. Then we'll take stock''.

^New Priest album recorded in 2026? Maiden, take notes.

Selfishly I want them to tour with Saxon but realistically it will be someone like Sabaton
I doubt Sabaton will do a third leg of that tour. Sure, it’s cool to open for Judas Priest but they don’t have to anymore and the seated venues are really crap for them.

I know the second US leg will focus on Texas and west coast cities that they didn't play on the first leg.

But I hope they come back and do a few east coast dates where they sold out like Washington DC.

This is a full video from someone on the front row with decent audio in Oxon Hill, MD(near Washington DC).

It was a great show! Rob was great, and Richie and Andy were tearing it up!
I was up in the balcony all the way back in the last row, so it wasn't as loud as it was down on the floor because there were no speakers near that section.

Ian:

[Priest touring plans for the rest of 2024, going into 2025]... ''That'll take us probably to maybe October. And we've got a little bit of time off then, and then off to Japan in December. Then it's Christmas and then possibly next year, South America, maybe Southeast Asia. We'll see what crops up next year. Then we'll take stock''.

That's not what they're saying. Clearly they mean they'll go into their band warehouse and do a yearly inventory on their products and make sure the counts line up. I used to do these at Radio Shack, so I know what I'm talking about.

That's not what they're saying. Clearly they mean they'll go into their band warehouse and do a yearly inventory on their products and make sure the counts line up. I used to do these at Radio Shack, so I know what I'm talking about.
That is not what it means in this context though. He means that they will sit down, talk about the state of things and consider “what next”.

That is not what it means in this context though. He means that they will sit down, talk about the state of things and consider “what next”.

You’re both wrong. They clearly intend to sample their soon to be released line of Judas Priest themed bouillon’s.

Ian:

I wouldn't do it if I were them. There's too much salt in those cubes!

1716970818059.png

21 songs set!

Tour debuts of Gates Of Hell (live debut), Riding On The Wind and The Rage.

Gates is a good live song. Rob's vocals in the chorus aren't as strong as on the studio version. Same with Riding.

I’m surprised they picked Gates of Hell to play, there’s much better songs on the album. Hard to get a sense of how it sounds as that video is recorded WAY up in the gods.

Gates of Hell is my fav track from Invincible Shield, so I'm glad they played it and I hope it stays in the setlist. I think that they might shorten the setlist since it looks really intense, but if they do, I hope that they'll get rid of the songs they've already played in Europe this year (Love Bites, Saints in Hell, Lightning Strike...). Europe waited 19 years to hear Riding on the Wind again, so it's great that they brought it back. The Rage is the most surprising pick, but it worked well in 2015.

Dropping a few songs is very likely. They usually treat the first gig as a test for the setlist, they see how it works in front of their fans, and then they change some things. IMO they shouldn't play 2h setlists anymore, Rob is too old for that. Reducing the number of songs to 18 would be a smart move.

Back