Judas Priest

3 dates into the tour so far. I haven't seen any footage from their 2 US shows but I have been following the setlist changes. They sounded great at Bloodstock. Hope they sound that good when I see them.

In the debut show in Pennsylvania, three songs were dropped from their 21 song set at Bloodstock: Halls of Valhalla, Dissident Aggressor and Metal Gods. From Pennsylvania to Virginia the following change was made: Exciter dropped for Freewheel Burning.

The setlist now stands as:
  1. One Shot At Glory
  2. Lightning Strike
  3. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
  4. Freewheel Burning
  5. Turbo Lover
  6. Hell Patrol
  7. The Sentinel
  8. A Touch of Evil
  9. Rocka Rolla
  10. Victim of Changes
  11. Desert Plains
  12. Blood Red Skies
  13. Invader
  14. Painkiller
  15. Electric Eye
  16. Hell Bent For Leather
  17. Breaking the Law
  18. Living After Midnight
My hopes for the setlist atleast is that we get to see Battle Cry finally. I trust and know that song would kill live. Kind of a head scratcher as to why it hasn't been brought out yet. Dissident Aggressor should've stayed in the set, I hope it makes it back. Hell, drop Painkiller even. Stoked to see them bring out Freewheel Burning! That really is a killer, classic setlist. They really did their 50+ year career justice in my eyes.

In the debut show in Pennsylvania, three songs were dropped from their 21 song set at Bloodstock: Halls of Valhalla, Dissident Aggressor and Metal Gods. From Pennsylvania to Virginia the following change was made: Exciter dropped for Freewheel Burning.
''Freewheel Burning'' for ''Exciter'' is a great change (as the former is one of their best songs). They should have replaced ''Halls Of Valhalla'' with ''Battle Cry'' (or ''Sword Of Damocles'') or ''Sea Of Red'' - epic for epic...

Both Freewheel Burning and Exciter are great. Recently I've been itching to see more 70's Priest so I was looking forward to Exciter. Priest goes on in a few hours I figure, looking forward to see if there's any changes.

Priest's set in Orlando last night was the same as their Virginia. They did however play a '9/11 tribute' video during Blood Red Skies.

I am ultimately fine with the setlist changes. I like Exciter better than Freewheel Burning, but I suspect Rob can manage the latter better in the long term. I’ve seen Metal Gods enough times, not super into the other two songs.

Rob's favorite songs are:

Black Sabbath - ''Paranoid'' (this is his pick for the #1 position)
DIO - ''Holy Diver''
Metallica - ''Ride The Lightning''
Motörhead - ''Ace Of Spades''
Slayer - ''Angel Of Death''
Ozzy - ''Bark At The Moon''
Pantera - ''Walk''
Scorpions - ''Blackout''

Ritchie liked a comment I put on his Instagram where I asked if Reckless or Battle Cry are ever gonna come into the set. Hoping and praying at this point.

Quite a few dates into the US tour and the setlist hasn't changed much at all, I doubt it will change for the rest of this leg though. I hope they record one of their shows next year for a DVD. Crazy to think if they do go ahead with that idea, it may very well be one of the last things they do besides put out another album. I can't really see Priest playing past 2023 maybe 2024. We'll see. Despite their respective ages, everyone still gives great and excellent performances.

WTF is This??? :facepalm:
The reaction of the 'headbangers' is totally hilarious. (I've seen trees moving more than this crowd) 'static trees you know' :lol:
Anyway, it sounded me like to the last song when the pub is closing and everybody is living the place.

Last edited:
Ritchie liked a comment I put on his Instagram where I asked if Reckless or Battle Cry are ever gonna come into the set. Hoping and praying at this point.

Quite a few dates into the US tour and the setlist hasn't changed much at all, I doubt it will change for the rest of this leg though. I hope they record one of their shows next year for a DVD. Crazy to think if they do go ahead with that idea, it may very well be one of the last things they do besides put out another album. I can't really see Priest playing past 2023 maybe 2024. We'll see. Despite their respective ages, everyone still gives great and excellent performances.

I hope they play those two songs and also Genocide(Unleashed in the East version), that would be rad.

Curious info about Angel Of Retribution:

Rob: ''It was really a continuation of where we would have been had we made the next record after Painkiller''.

Within the album, nods to the sound of past albums and songs are found, as well as lyrics that apparently reference earlier songs:
- "Demonizer" references both "The Hellion", as well as "Painkiller".
- "Hellrider" mentions the title track of Ram It Down, and "Tyrant".
- "Eulogy" references "Stained Class" and "The Sentinel".
- ''Deal With The Devil'' mentions ''Blood Red Skies'' and ''Take On The World''.
- finally, "Worth Fighting For" acts as a sequel/prequel to "Desert Plains".

Rob Halford, 15 minutes ago:

“It is with deep regret that we have to postpone the rest of our US tour..Ritchie has major medical heart condition issues which have landed him in hospital where he is being treated..in the meantime we are all sending love to our Falcon for a speedy recovery..as soon as we have any updates from his doctors on when we can reschedule the dates we will of course announce them..tickets will be valid”

He does look a bit bloated in the Bloodstock video. Hope for the best.

Back