Judas Priest

Rob Halford, 15 minutes ago:

“It is with deep regret that we have to postpone the rest of our US tour..Ritchie has major medical heart condition issues which have landed him in hospital where he is being treated..in the meantime we are all sending love to our Falcon for a speedy recovery..as soon as we have any updates from his doctors on when we can reschedule the dates we will of course announce them..tickets will be valid”

Man, that's shitty news. A guy his age with heart problems means something is very wrong.

Yeah, it could be any number of things, a lot of which would not be life threatening but would impact someone's ability to perform a very physical job at a high level. Heart inflammation alone would prohibit someone from rocking on stage for quite awhile, but is a side effect of COVID (and as a result a lot of people have been hit by it). Let's wait and see. I'm hopeful that Richie will be okay, I was really looking forward to seeing them.

I was expecting Priest to cancel the tour, was not expecting for this reason. That’s scary news, hope he recovers
We were supposed to see them Oct. 22nd, 2nd row seats. Just a couple days ago I noticed just how many seats were left and checked other dates and it seems the tour is not selling too well. I said to my friends who are going with me that I hope they don't cancel. But I was not expecting this. Hope Richie has a speedy recovery! Priest has been my all time 2nd favorite band, I've actually seen them more times than Maiden.

Last edited:
It's a real shame about Ritchie. I really hope he recovers quick. I was really looking forward to seeing them next month.

We were supposed to see them Oct. 22nd, 2nd row seats. Just a couple days ago I noticed just how many seats were left and checked other dates and it seems the tour is not selling too well. I said to my friends who are going with me that I hope they don't cancel. But I was not expecting this. Hope Richie has a speedy recovery! Priest has been my all time 2nd favorite band, I've actually seen them more times than Maiden.
They've had shit luck on the Firepower/50th anniversary touring cycle. First being locked into contract on that Ozzy tour which has been forever delayed, then Covid happens on the very same year as the anniversary and now this.

So,

no-one watched their bloodstock footage? The guy looked 10 years older due to weight he put on. Sneap is 10+ years older but he looked younger on stage.

It's the booze. 90%

I'm just saying that I saw difference in him at the moment of first One Shot at Glory live post. I wanted to make a comment back then. It's not that he gained pounds in quarantine it's also in the tint in the face. He did not look healthy to me back then (in August). Is this discussion ill placed at the current time? Probably so. I'm just saying what I thought before this news, whatever you may feel about it.

All the best to the guy I hope that his young system recuperates from whatever he's suffering at the moment.

Can't hit "Post reply" without poking at DJ James - see his GearGods 2020 interview, then look at Bloodstock 2021 footage. If you stand by your point that he 'looked very healthy' prior to this news you obviously don't know what you're looking at.

It doesn't matter anyway.

Hopeful for a speedy recovery. At least he's younger than the rest of them. Let's not speculate about anything until we have more news.

I'm just saying that I saw difference in him at the moment of first One Shot at Glory live post. I wanted to make a comment back then. It's not that he gained pounds in quarantine it's also in the tint in the face. He did not look healthy to me back then (in August). Is this discussion ill placed at the current time? Probably so. I'm just saying what I thought before this news, whatever you may feel about it.

All the best to the guy I hope that his young system recuperates from whatever he's suffering at the moment.

Can't hit "Post reply" without poking at DJ James - see his GearGods 2020 interview, then look at Bloodstock 2021 footage. If you stand by your point that he 'looked very healthy' prior to this news you obviously don't know what you're looking at.

It doesn't matter anyway.
I don't think he's put on much weight but he definitely looks a bit 'peelywally' as we say here.

I can atleast agree that our perceptions are different lmao

Back