Judas Priest

Dude, I just tickets to their CT show! First big name show ive been to since Dirkschneider. I had tix to Maiden Chicago and Overkill in Atlanta that same year but missed both :(. On a brighter note, I get to see Andy Sneap playing guitar live!

The band has made it very clear that Andy's performing future with Priest is up to him, and I think that's very magnanimous of them. Andy did them a huge favour by agreeing to go on the road with such short notice - and considering that Firepower got rave reviews and sounds like a million dollars, he's likely putting off his core business in order to do this. He'll likely have a very hard choice to make.

Priest already has a magnetic stage presence in Ritchie Faulkner, do they really need another? Andy did his job and well when I saw them.

The band has made it very clear that Andy's performing future with Priest is up to him, and I think that's very magnanimous of them. Andy did them a huge favour by agreeing to go on the road with such short notice - and considering that Firepower got rave reviews and sounds like a million dollars, he's likely putting off his core business in order to do this. He'll likely have a very hard choice to make.

Priest already has a magnetic stage presence in Ritchie Faulkner, do they really need another? Andy did his job and well when I saw them.

I agree and disagree. It's very nice of the band, but when I saw them it was very clear that Andy was both not a professional performer and not a real member of the band. Faulkner pulls a lot of weight in the band's stage presence, but he's only one half of the stage. Sneap and Hill were virtually motionless (comparatively) and Rob is a sloping hulk these days, so IMO another real guitar player with stage presence would help them quite a bit.

It did really feel like the Faulkner and Travis show when I saw them. I agree that another guitar player with Faulkner’s stage presence would help.

I vote for that guy 'Gus' He has knew how to have their attention. He basically said to the world: "Hey Priest, here I am". And I know that Ozzy would recommend him to the band

Back