Judas Priest

Dennis Stratton should do it. Just so he can be known for something other than the guy who was in Iron Maiden for fifteen minutes and still lives off it.
But back then no other second guitarist survived longer than him actually. And it was Maiden / Steve that approached him in the first place, not the other way round.

Rob went on FB and posted a video about the set changes he confirmed Rapid Fire and Out In The Cold. He might of said others but I was too excited about OITC

If that's the video (it is probably) he said Out In The Cold, Rapid Fire, The Sentinel and maybe All Guns Blazing.

New stage show, new lights and new costumes <Rob. He also mentioned that they jammed 15 or more songs for the upcoming leg of the tour and maybe they will play songs that they've never played live before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwRSKKPBxn2/

If that's the video (it is probably) he said Out In The Cold, Rapid Fire, The Sentinel and maybe All Guns Blazing.

New stage show, new lights and new costumes <Rob. He also mentioned that they jammed 15 or more songs for the upcoming leg of the tour and maybe they will play songs that they've never played live before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwRSKKPBxn2/

So the setlist is gonna have 21 songs, the other 6 being : Living after midnight, You've Got Another Thing Comin', Hell Bent For Leather, Breaking the Law, Sinner and Painkiller.

So the setlist is gonna have 21 songs, the other 6 being : Living after midnight, You've Got Another Thing Comin', Hell Bent For Leather, Breaking the Law, Sinner and Painkiller.
I'd be ok with that provided we add No Surrender and Lightning strike to the list of those staying in the set from the current setlist

To celebrate the 100 page of Priest thread, this funny doble page poster from Kerrang '82

Attachments

• priest_ad_82.png
    priest_ad_82.png
    706.1 KB · Views: 26
Rob says that Glenn already started making riffs for next Priest album:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/r...ted-making-riffs-for-next-judas-priest-album/

''Absolutely. In fact, Glenn's back in the U.K. now making riffs and going through… We have massive archives of riffs. It never stops. That's the joy of PRIEST in terms of creativity — we never seem to slow down. And when you get a successful record like 'Firepower', that motivates you even further. Any band will tell you that. You feed off the energy of what your fans are giving you. You wanna see your fans again and you wanna bring your fans something different next time. So that means making another metal song, which, amplify that by 10 ideas, and you've got another album. So that's the plan. There will be another album from PRIEST in the very near future''.

Painkiller Tour was one of the best tours from Priest (DOTF Tour too, but again no official footage from that tour). Such a shame that they do not released a official video from that tour, but I found a concert in YouTube which is almost like a decent footage. Amazing stage set, the setlist is great and the performance is top-notch, especially Glenn's one - he does brutal solos and plays them very smoothly/slightly as if it's is so easy to play them - LEGEND!!!

Live in Detroit 1990:

According to Ian, there are very strong ideas left over from Firepower sessions:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/j...rong-ideas-left-over-from-firepower-sessions/

So we can believe that they wrote 25 songs during those sessions (and only used 14 songs).

In other news: Tim ''Ripper'' Owens wants to see Rob perform ''Burn In Hell'' (or ''Bloodsuckers'') live, from his 2 albums with Priest.

Burn In Hell is the most popular song from his time with the band (and the only one that deserves to be played again live) and the song Bloodsuckers is about the court case they had in 1990.

Last edited:
I think that they could kept 3 or 4 songs from firepower and use them in the next one with the best of songs that they wrote. He says that maybe after all of the celebration of 50th anniversary will record. They also could release an EP with 5 or 6 songs from that sessions. In the same way that Maiden they could released an ep after the X Factor with these songs…I live my way, justice of the peace, the judgement day, virus.
About the songs of Ripper Owens…I think the next year with the 50th celebration, they may invite him to sing a couple of his songs in some special gig, KK and Les Binks, who knows…

I think that they could kept 3 or 4 songs from firepower and use them in the next one with the best of songs that they wrote. He says that maybe after all of the celebration of 50th anniversary will record. They also could release an EP with 5 or 6 songs from that sessions. In the same way that Maiden they could released an ep after the X Factor with these songs…I live my way, justice of the peace, the judgement day, virus.
About the songs of Ripper Owens…I think the next year with the 50th celebration, they may invite him to sing a couple of his songs in some special gig, KK and Les Binks, who knows…

Richie had said that the original plan was Firepower to contain 10 songs and the other 4 to be bonus songs, but they felt that all the songs are very strong and at the end they added all of them - which was a great move IMO, because the album is killer. Let's hope indeed after the 50th Anniversary Tour they will start writing a new album. And maybe on that tour we might hear one song from Ripper Owens era - not that it is necessary at this stage of their career, but it's part of their history...
I doubt about K.K. , but who knows. :)

Back