Judas Priest

In an (well, my) ideal world the 50th Anniversary Tour would consist of one song from each album, plus guest appearances from Ripper and KK, ending with every one of them coming together for a rousing rendition of something like "Another Thing Coming" or "Living After Midnight". But, they already did the one-song-from-each-album thing with the Epitaph Tour, they think nobody likes the Ripper albums and KK has pretty much burned his bridges with the band. So, it probably will be similar to the Firepower tour set.

Don't hold your breath - to paraphrase the classic ATG comment: "I don't think they will play an Owens era song".

Where I have said that I want them to play a Ripper Owens era song? I said ''maybe they'll play one song''.... not that I want or hold my breath.

The only one that I think will be good is ''Burn In Hell''.

Think of it like this.

This is the largest scale US tour we have seen from Judas Priest in a long time. They are playing cities they haven’t played before and haven’t played in a long time. They haven’t played my city since 1990. They’re not going to go out playing deep cuts. It’s not realistic for them to play “ripper era” songs. They’re going to stick with what the majority of the audience wants to see. And even though it may be the 50th anniversary of the band, that doesn’t mean they’re going to celebrate this milestone, It’s the Firepower world tour! And I would say we’d be lucky to hear 4 songs from the album.

Going by setlist length, what the band tends to do, and what the band says they will do... Here is a list of the songs they will play.
1. Lightning Strike
2. Traitors Gate
3. Necromancer
4. Firepower
5. Killing Machine
6. Out in the Cold
7. Turbo
8. Painkiller
9. All Guns Blazing
10. Hell Bent For Leather
11. Rapid Fire
12. Breaking the Law
13. Living After Midnight
14. The Sentinel
15. Desert Plains
16. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
17. The Hellion/ Electric Eye
18. The Ripper
19. Take These Chains

I'm sure I forgot one somewhere.

There's only so much room in the setlist. These songs being speculated upon are totally unrealistic.

Here's my point:

Iron Maiden will not play ATG because you want them to. Judas Priest will not play your favorite song because you want them to.

I don’t think Priest playing a Ripper-era song is likely, but Ritchie has been taking heed of fan requests and, as far as I can tell going by his Twitter, bringing them up with the rest of the band. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t, but anyway, who gives a shit?

Are we really talking about this again?
Nothing makes sense in this thread. Every thing is literally speculation here and it's getting confusing. There are three reasons for the speculation.
1. Someone wants the band to play their favorite song.
2. An ex-band member with no ties to the band said something.
3. It's the 50th anniversary of the band, therefore the entire setlist is deep cuts.

Where I have said that I want them to play a Ripper Owens era song? I said ''maybe they'll play one song''.... not that I want or hold my breath.

The only one that I think will be good is ''Burn In Hell''.
That's cool, no worries. You said maybe they will. I'm just saying they won't.

I detest every ripper era song. Even Cathedral Spires. If Judas Priest played one at my show (WHICH THEY FUCKING WONT) I will not applaud and will be on my phone for the duration of the song.

Back