Judas Priest

I've only sat down and listened to Nostradamus a few times, but nothing has ever stood out for me. It was an incredible idea, and I think that Judas Priest was the wrong band to tackle it. Sad, but true, it is often considered among the worst Priest albums.

There are no good songs on Nostradamus. The truth hurts. Judas Priest won't play any songs from the album on this tour. The truth hurts.

You're not serious right ? The title track is one of the best Priest songs ever, and deserves to be played live some day.

But you trying to be interesting with you comment, so...... not worth it!

The Astonishing might be the worst album I've ever listened to. Nostradamus has several great songs.

Last edited:
You're not serious right ? The title track is one of the best Priest songs ever, and deserves to be played live some day.
Priest only played 2 songs from Nostradamus live. It's not like they believed in the album.

It was an incredible idea, and I think that Judas Priest was the wrong band to tackle it. Sad, but true, it is often considered among the worst Priest albums.

I've always been under the impression that the reason it's regarded as one of the worst Priest albums is, to borrow your words, because Priest were the wrong band to tackle that incredible idea, rather than the quality of the songs themselves.

From the Forum Rules:

:innocent:

Hypocritical from someone who often uses the same single GIF in their posts. :innocent:

But you trying to be interesting with you comment, so...... not worth it!
I am serious. Awful album. Almost as bad as 'The Ripper era' stuff.

I've always been under the impression that the reason it's regarded as one of the worst Priest albums is, to borrow your words, because Priest were the wrong band to tackle that incredible idea, rather than the quality of the songs themselves.

The thing is that the album should have been 8-10 songs (not 23). The intro songs (1-2 minutes long songs) are totally unnecessary, but most bands tend to do that when they release a long album (with more than/or with 15 songs)/concept album - Operation: Mindcrime, for example.

Yeah, it is often considered among the Priest worst albums, but not to me. In my ranking it will be #8 from the bottom. I like it more than all of the Priest albums in the 70's - I'm not a big fan of them.

I am serious. Awful album. Almost as bad as 'The Ripper era' stuff.

They lost their essence during the Ripper era. The two albums with him are thrash metal, which is not the real Priest. They are the worst albums in Priest discography.

Nostradamus is almost symphonic metal (with parts of power and speed metal), but it sounds epic.

I've only sat down and listened to Nostradamus a few times, but nothing has ever stood out for me. It was an incredible idea, and I think that Judas Priest was the wrong band to tackle it. Sad, but true, it is often considered among the worst Priest albums.

I think it is even worse than Demolition, which I affectionately call Dissolution.

The third North American leg of the Firepower Tour will start in less than a week. I have a feeling the show will be a little longer than the first leg.
Also, has anybody seen Uriah Heep before? Are they good live?

To be fair, a lot can change in 16 years. I have heard that they're still good live though.

So true. When I saw Judas Priest K.K. Downing was playing guitar.

Joking aside, some people I know went to see Uriah Heep last year and agreed with my views on their live show.

Back