Judas Priest

And I thought that wizards are smart. How wrong I was.

Sorry to get involved in this personal feud, but @Black Wizard was right (trust me, I'm a doctor). You said:

Kalata said:
Fun fact: ''(Take These) Chains'' and ''Some Heads Are Gonna Roll'' are the only 2 songs in Priest discography that are not written by any of the band members.

and that is not strictly true, as all the examples that others have mentioned form part of Judas Priest's discography and have not been written by any of the band members. You never mentioned that the songs themselves did not have to be covers. ;)

and that is not strictly true, as all the examples that others have mentioned form part of Judas Priest's discography and have not been written by any of the band members. You never mentioned that the songs themselves did not have to be covers. ;)

Yeah, I should have been more clear. But I thought it was implied. I should have said ''without the cover songs''. :ok:

Coming to this after the fact, I agree with GhostofCain: Black Wizard clearly won this bout. Kalata made a statement that was plainly wrong, and then tried to walk it back. :p

Is it heresy that I think Green Manalishi and Diamonds and Rust are among the BEST songs in Priest's discography?!

I agree on Diamonds. Awesome song. They made both their own to the point where I have no problem considering Priest songs rather than “just” covers.

I would like to see a fresh face. Sneap is technically good but I didn’t see much chemistry between him and the other members.
I've just read that KK's position was initially offered to Pete Friesen (Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson's 2002 shows, among others) but he declined because he had just had his first child. Maybe now he is more available. Source: Les Binks himself (the drummer on Stained Class, Killing Machine and Unleashed in the East),who played along with Pete Friesen then with Richie Faulkner in a Priest tribute band, in an interview from this month's French edition of Rock Hard Magazine.

Last edited:
Richie reveals more setlist surprises: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ju...als-more-setlist-surprises-for-upcoming-tour/

Out In The Cold (I think this song is certain now, since Rob also mentioned it)
Killing Machine (it seems this one will stay in the setlist)
The Sentinel (also mentioned by Rob)
All Guns Blazing - superb.
Traitors Gate - fucking yes!!! My favorite song from the Firepower album.
Necromancer - @Edington will go crazy of joy. ;)

And at the end he said: ''Hopefully they don't fire me for saying that''. :lol:

His top 3 songs from Turbo album are the title track, OITC and Reckless.

''The great thing about this tour so far is that we've been throwing in new tracks as we go through the tour," Richie added. "So if anyone's got any suggestions on the socials, reach out, throw out some suggestions and tell us what you want''. -> what a great man. :)

I've listened to the whole YouTube video interview with Richie (~2h 40 mins) from the link above and he is a very humble and a good man. He regards respect for everything and everyone - such nice guy. A few interesting things that I remember from it:

His favorite guitarist is Michael Schenker (along with Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde, Dave and Adrian) and he said that he can feel that Schenker's tone from Adrian's playing.
He is a friend and played in a tribute band with Tony Parsons (from the very early days of Maiden). He said that he was the guy in the band before Dennis Stratton...... if I recall correct. And they played songs of bands like Maiden, Priest, UFO, Black Sabbath.
The bands which he listened when he was young were Maiden and Metallica the most, and Priest, Rainbow, Deep Purple, AC/DC.
He has visited Nicko's Rock N Roll Ribs and also met Tim ''Ripper'' Owens there.
He never met K.K. And he auditioned for Priest by playing the solos in Victim Of Changes, Blood Red Skies and Beyond The Realms Of Death.
His favorite Metallica album is Master Of Puppets.

And on the question: Which are your favorite songs to play live,

- Of course he loves to play the songs he co-wrote from his 2 albums with Priest like Halls Of Valhalla, Firepower, Rising From Ruins.
- And the others he mentioned (I take notes :D) were:

Hot Rockin'
Ram It Down
Judas Rising (he really loves to play that one live)
Sinner
Victim Of Changes
The Sentinel
Freewheel Burning
Killing Machine (he said this has a nice groove and riff)
Devil's Child
Never Satisfied
Rocka Rolla (he really want to try that one live)
Night Comes Down
Tyrant
Painkiller
All Guns Blazing

.... and at the end he said that the list goes on and on and on. :lol:

Last edited:
Rob went on FB and posted a video about the set changes he confirmed Rapid Fire and Out In The Cold. He might of said others but I was too excited about OITC

Back