Judas Priest

Who knows. That one sounds pretty robotic. Perhaps I'm a Rocker and Monsters of Rock (as well). The latter has some unreal effects on the drums, but it might be real playing. Especially the faster stuff on the album sounds drum machine in my ears.

Sorry but I don't like it. As I said, Delivering The Goods is a much better song - I hope they'll keep it in the setlist.
It has so many other better songs.

I'm not a big fan of Priest albums in the 70's.
No problem mate, it's fine.
Delivering the goods is one of the greatest. To me Sin after Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine and Unleashed in the East hasn't bad songs, even the fillers are f***ing great.

Who knows. That one sounds pretty robotic. Perhaps I'm a Rocker and Monsters of Rock (as well). The latter has some unreal effects on the drums, but it might be real playing. Especially the faster stuff on the album sounds drum machine in my ears.
A lot of it sounds robotic. I thought I’d go off fills as obvious signs of drum machines but then I remembered it’s Dave Holland is who didn’t fill much anyway. He’s already pretty robotic as that’s the type of drum sound they were going for at the time.

That is an ultra rare live track.

True.
It is on a platinum album, but in a live environment yes. Perhaps only played once, live. No footage.
https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/judas-priest-songs-that-were-never-played-live.22897/

Wrong. It's the second worst song on the album (after ''Pain And Pleasure'') - so it cannot be a (hidden) gem! It has an ok chorus, but that's it IMO.

Fun fact: ''(Take These) Chains'' and ''Some Heads Are Gonna Roll'' are the only 2 songs in Priest discography that are not written by any of the band members.

To be thorough about what songs Judas Priest has covered live, here is what I found on Setlist.fm:
Songs covered by Judas Priest

Song
Play Count
1 The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown) (Fleetwood Mac cover) stats 856
2 Diamonds & Rust (Joan Baez cover) stats 477
3 Black Sheep of the Family (Quatermass cover) stats 119
Holy Is the Man (Al Atkins song) stats 119
Spanish Castle Magic (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover) stats 119
Mind Conception (Al Atkins song) stats 119
7 Better by You, Better Than Me (Spooky Tooth cover) stats 17
8 Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry cover) stats 14
9 Born to Be Wild (Mars Bonfire cover) stats 8
10 Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran cover) stats 1
Happy Birthday to You (Mildred J. Hill & Patty Hill cover) stats 1

Source: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/covers/judas-priest-6bd6bafa.html

Now I don't know to what extent it is accurate...

Back