Joe Satriani

Just bought Shockwave Supernova on CD for £2.03 brand new including postage. Satchafuckingbargain! Haven't actually bought or listened to Unstoppable Momentum yet, but I may have to breach chronological protocol here...

NOW PLAYING:
upload_2017-11-24_16-57-5.png

Joe has decided to unearth some demos from his band Squares that predates his solo career:

Very strange. Satch is bowling over everyone throughout this odd throwback track.

More weird old Satch pop band:

I still don't really like it, but Satch's playing fits the song a bit better here.
This sounds to me like The Police, but with more distortion on guitars.

Also, how much chorus could be used on that guitar track? The answer is none.

New Satch album coming on 4/10/20. It looks and sounds like Satch.

"Shapeshifting"
Shapeshifting-cover.jpg

Tracklist:
01. Shapeshifting
02. Big Distortion
03. All For Love
04. Ali Farka, Dick Dale, An Alien And Me
05. Teardrops
06. Perfect Dust
07. Nineteen Eighty
08. All My Friends Are Here
09. Spirits, Ghosts And Outlaws
10. Falling Stars
11. Waiting
12. Here The Blue River
13. Yesterday's Yesterday

Joe Satriani's new studio album, "Shapeshifting", is set for release on April 10 via Sony Music/Legacy Recordings.
(From Blabbermouth news)

April releases: :) (it's going to be a good month)
Joe Satriani - Shapeshifting
Testament - Titans of Creation

It'll be released on the same day as Nightwish's new album. That's stiff competition. I might give it a shot. The only Joe Satriani song I can think of is 'Surfing with the Alien' and I like it. I listened to the full album a few times when I was a teenager and it seemed to be quite a good listen. No noticeable wanking around on the guitar and some genuinely fun instrumental music.

It'll be released on the same day as Nightwish's new album. That's stiff competition. I might give it a shot. The only Joe Satriani song I can think of is 'Surfing with the Alien' and I like it. I listened to the full album a few times when I was a teenager and it seemed to be quite a good listen. No noticeable wanking around on the guitar and some genuinely fun instrumental music.

I'm usually not a fan of this sort of guff. But I've a mate who loves this stuff, so I've seen a few of these guys live. And I have to say as a gig, they are great nights out, Vai and Satch are great. Paul Gilbert the best of the lot.

Enjoying the new tune, hoping the rest of the album is just as good as I haven't been able to get into his last couple of releases. Considering going to see him live in the summer, been quite a few years since I last attended one of his gigs.

Enjoying the new tune, hoping the rest of the album is just as good as I haven't been able to get into his last couple of releases. Considering going to see him live in the summer, been quite a few years since I last attended one of his gigs.

I’m assuming the album will be more in the vein of the recent stuff. He said that this first single is “specifically meant to sound like the eighties.”

I’d love to see Satch do something more experimental.

Back