Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Forostar, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

How could you! ;)

2. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Heh :) People like patterns, they make us comfortable, what can I say in my defense ;) This might be, chronologically, first instance since the early days that they did a live-on radio. I know there were instances in 1979/80 and later (around 2005 I believe)

3. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

1992 interview with Janick (35). On Fear of the Dark. Interesting how he compares it with No Prayer.

Rarity: He also talks about Fear is the Key, The Apparition, and Chains of Misery (Nicko/the beat/drumming: note how Janick emphasizes the different approach towards the beat)! @The Flash @Mosh @JudasMyGuide @Diesel 11 @The Mid-Distance Runner @mckindog @Zare @SixesAlltheway @terrell39 @LooseCannon @Niall Kielt @lira @matic22 @Lego @Welsh Phantom @GhostofCain @frus @Black Abyss Babe

Nicko (40) and Bruce (33) from 1992. Live & interview & behind the scenes footage with Bruce, from French TV show "Dr. Heavy & Mr. Hard"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

Bruce sounds very good here, great rare interviews, especially the Janick one - great find, Foro :ok:

Forostar likes this.
  5. Kalata

Some interesting interviews and rare live footage from NPOTD tour:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  6. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

All in this topic Kalata.

7. Zare

Just a side thought, reposting doesn't add value but if it's a different video feed on the YT then it does. If the originally posted video goes down.

8. Kalata

What ? :confused: What you want to say to me with that ? In this thread (and the other one) we can share videos/interviews/reviews about Maiden (that's how I understand the things). I try to share rare stuff, but keep in mind that there are people who haven't seen the videos, interviews etc...... To keep this threads on we have to share interesting stuff - we cannot share only recent interviews, because there are other interesting ones... from the past. There always will be someone who has not seen them !

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Sure Zare. If you find out an old vid does not work in this topic, or a new upload has better quality, fine.

My point is that usually we only post recent YouTube uploads. The topic is over ten years old and I sure can have missed stuff, but count on it that most is here. So, when you see a vid on YouTube that was uploaded a while back, either check if the content is here (browse/search), either rather not post it.

10. Kalata

Documentary about TFF album:

11. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Isn't that from En Vivo?

12. Zare

I tried to search for the TFF documentary video now after Kalata has posted it because I've seen it numerous times, it has 150k+ views on YT and it's everything but rare. However putting the video ID in the search box (after the ?v= part in url) returns only Kalata's post. I put "TFF documentary" in and his post is #1 return, the rest are mismatch. If you asked me 15mins ago, does this video exist here, I'd say with 99.9% that it does. But it turns out it is not trivial to search for it. One does a copy paste in 5 seconds, why would you have to spend minutes digging through topic to see if you're reposting something?

Frankly the medium of a forum thread is anything but optimal for a video repository that needs to be updated and clear of duplicates.

13. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

There will always be someone that has not seen it. By that reasoning I could repost your post next week.

You can share old recorded interviews and other footage but rather not stuff that was uploaded long ago on YouTube, or official material.

It is easy to search here. If you cannot find it here after you searched, sure go ahead, but at least realize that most was posted here already.

14. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Because it is a decent thing to do.

Remember thousand_suns?

That was annoying.

15. Zare

DVD2

01 Behind the beast (road crew doc.)
    02 TFF(the song) promo video
    03 Making of that promo video
    04 TFF tour intro recording

Parlophone 2012 DVD in front of me, I don't think there are other editions. Wasn't this TFF documentary webcast somehow?

16. Zare

I outlined why it isn't a simple matter of hitting the search box. You suggest manually inspecting the thread page by page?

17. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Ancient Mariner

IIRC, this was entitled "Mission Debrief" and was part of TFF Deluxe cd package, which included the download link. I don't think it's been made officially available any other way. Could be wrong though, but that is how I got it.

18. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Hm hm.
    I never search with the url. Does that work? I have to confess I could not find this vid either. Maybe it was in another topic or the post is erased.

19. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

That was it indeed.

20. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

The TFF doc was part of the mission edition which was hosted on Maiden’s website and has since been taken down. Luckily it has been preserved on YouTube and I actually downloaded it from the website myself as well, since I figured the site wouldn’t be there forever. I burned it to a dvd, I’ll have to check but it might be higher quality than the YouTube vid.

Zare likes this.