Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

A unique tour for Maiden without a doubt ! It would have been great to have a Box Set from the AMOLAD tour with two discs:
Disc 1: video and a live album from the 2006 tour
Disc 2: Donington 2007 concert or at least a live album with all the classics.

Last edited:
Bruce podcast(?) interview. Final Frontier era. Also explains why they keep using Shirley (listen to his explanation yourselves but in my own words it is: because Maiden don't like to change things / are conservative; he does not say that literally but you can sense the criticism).

Last edited:
I think Bruce was not completely happy with Kevin's work on Dance of Death and The Final Frontier. On the other hand, I get the impression he seems to really like the production of Brave New World, A Matter of Life and Death and The Book of Souls.

Was anyone completely happy with Kevin's work on Dance Of Death? LOL. Worst production of all the reunion albums, IMO.
It’s largely Steve’s fault. The album is overcompressed and way too loud, because Steve insisted that the rough mix CD Kevin burned for him to listen to in his car be used AS THE ACTUAL FINAL, MASTERED MIX....

It’s largely Steve’s fault. The album is overcompressed and way too loud, because Steve insisted that the rough mix CD Kevin burned for him to listen to in his car be used AS THE ACTUAL FINAL, MASTERED MIX....

The biggest problem for me is that Adrian's rhythm guitar sounds like a jar of bees.

There's one particular rhythm guitar that has a real buzzy sound , I can't remember if it's the left or the right speaker, but it's consistently in the same speaker for the whole album. I'm blaming Adrian for it considering what it's playing sounds like his style but I could be wrong on that.

There's one particular rhythm guitar that has a real buzzy sound , I can't remember if it's the left or the right speaker, but it's consistently in the same speaker for the whole album. I'm blaming Adrian for it considering what it's playing sounds like his style but I could be wrong on that.
Buzzy uncompressed sound is usually Janick. But the two of them sometimes switch places in the mix.

Let me know if you have more precise details. Meanwhile, if interested, here an analysis from Empire of the Clouds: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/empire-of-the-clouds.32241/page-13#post-543231

Just listening to a few clips there on you tube, and it's not obvious to me that it's one particular guitar, but the last time I was listening to it was on the DVD Audio at home and the buzz was really annoying me so maybe it's an issue with the DVD Audio

Let me know if you have more precise details. Meanwhile, if interested, here an analysis from Empire of the Clouds: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/empire-of-the-clouds.32241/page-13#post-543231

good analysis, it's the magic of Maiden that you get the three lads playing the riffs with their own idiosyncracies, while in other bands it would probably be one guitarist playing all the rhythm parts and everything copied and pasted. Also great excuse to listen to a fantastic passage.

One thing that particularly annoys me about Dance of Death's mix (even now after it's been remastered without the clipping for the Mastered for iTunes program) is how all the guitars seem to get squashed together. There's a bunch of cool overdubs on the album, but they end up becoming really hard to tell apart due to the mix and the guitar sound itself.

I always wondered why Maiden didn't released the whole concert videos of Live at the Rainbow '81 and the Dortmund concert '83. They don't have live albums, so it will be cool to have a proper full concert with Di'anno and the full legendary concert in Westfalenhalle Arena !

And why Maiden didn't released all of the songs on the Live After Death album on video - POTO, 22AA, COTD... eternal classics which brings a little tears to your eyes.

Last edited:
Back