Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Forostar, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

1990 radio interview with Steve, Nicko and Dave.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

They first wanted to name the album Prayer For The Dying, but Eddie will not give anyone a prayer, so they ended up with NPFTD - I never knew that, cool. :D

Forostar likes this.
  3. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

I knew that but haven't heard it in ages...

Kalata, a tip, go to iron maiden commentary site and read all the interviews. Stuff like this is there for sure.

Kalata likes this.
  4. Kalata

I'm sorry that I post this video here, but I don't know for which specific thread it belongs. A nice ''live battle'' of solos by Adrian and Janick (originally played by Adrian).

5. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

There’s only one possible response to this:

[​IMG]

Luisma likes this.
  6. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

I can't remember if this was ever posted here. I searched and could not find it:
    Channel 4 special 1999, with 'Arry, Bruce, Paul Di'Anno, Rod and Dave.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Zare likes this.
  7. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

8. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I remember when that aired, I had the whole show on video and may have transferred it to dvd back in my bootleg trading days

9. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Was this posted? I think it was can't find it.

10. Kalata

TNOTB live 2005 (Early Days Tour) with women on stage. :eek:

11. Randalf

Randalf Educated Fool

They had a lot of.. shall we say interesting features in the first show in Prague that got ditched pretty much right after it. Those girls, Charlotte in the set, 1st album cover big Eddie...

Zare and Kalata like this.
  12. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I am so glad they dropped those cringeworthy and dodgy aspects of the show before the concert I went to...

Randalf likes this.
  13. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

The other countries did not have such a willing "entourage" so they had to drop it.

14. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Oh I think Hungary would be the Mecca

15. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I saw them in The Netherlands in 2005. I am pretty sure they would have been able to find willing participants for that dodgy stage show. Thankfully they dropped it before that show.

16. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

They also used random girls on parts of the Brave New World tour to be "burned" in a Wickerman during Iron Maiden but I think they dropped that also fairly quickly as the tour moved a long?

17. The burning girls were in the Rock in Rio DVD, which I think was the last show of the tour. Bruce, being the gentleman he is, burned with them.

Palpy and SixesAlltheway like this.
  18. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

Been a long time since I've seen Rock in Rio but you're right! So basically they used girls to be burned in the Wickerman for the entirety of the Brave New World tour?

Not as dodgy and cringeworthy as the Number of the Beast girls in 2005, but close :p

19. Ruflux

Ruflux Educated Fool

It's even funnier when you hear Bruce's comments about him thinking the BNW stage show was one of the better ones they've had. I mean, there's the cross on Sign of the Cross, a walk-on Eddie and some girls being burned. Kind of not seeing it, myself.

20. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

The light show was upgraded IIRC. Also his last couple of tours before that, from No Prayer on the Road to EHT, well he's kinda right. The band was in dumb-down state back then

GhostofCain likes this.