Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I always wondered why Maiden didn't released the whole concert videos of Live at the Rainbow '81 and the Dortmund concert '83. They don't have live albums, so it will be cool to have a proper full concert with Di'anno and the full legendary concert in Westfalenhalle Arena !

If I am not mistaken, the setlist at Dortmund was what has been released (including Iron Maiden and the death of Eddie).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/1983/westfalenhalle-dortmund-germany-33d64cb5.html

I know that Zare, there's a Trooper from that same session. Brilliant stuff. Full raw sound and great Bruce. I think the official Maiden site shared/linked to it themselves in 2000. Not sure. At least, I remember downloading the MP3's. These were some of the first live soundboard songs released by this line-up.

Last edited:
There's an American interviewer (I suppose Eddie Trunk) and the interview was done in London. That can be deduced from the first part.

Yes, it was promotional stuff for Brave New World including 3 soundboard songs recorded during rehearsals and an interview with Eddie Trunk.

If I remember correctly, rehearsals took place at a warehouse in Belgium (that is why Bruce and Nicko ended jamming with Dio when he played a show nearby at the Hof Ter Lo, Antwerp, Belgium on 3rd May 2000).

Yes, it was promotional stuff for Brave New World including 3 soundboard songs recorded during rehearsals and an interview with Eddie Trunk.

If I remember correctly, rehearsals took place at a warehouse in Belgium (that is why Bruce and Nicko ended jamming with Dio when he played a show nearby at the Hof Ter Lo, Antwerp, Belgium on 3rd May 2000).
I have that bootleg on CD. Nice concert.

There is a possibility that I have this bootleg, but as with other "premieres" (such as SiT/Seventh Son) I assumed it's just album versions played in a radio show. In any case, it's not a rare bootleg which is good :)

Heh :) People like patterns, they make us comfortable, what can I say in my defense ;) This might be, chronologically, first instance since the early days that they did a live-on radio. I know there were instances in 1979/80 and later (around 2005 I believe)

1992 interview with Janick (35). On Fear of the Dark. Interesting how he compares it with No Prayer.

Rarity: He also talks about Fear is the Key, The Apparition, and Chains of Misery (Nicko/the beat/drumming: note how Janick emphasizes the different approach towards the beat)! @The Flash @Mosh @JudasMyGuide @Diesel 11 @The Mid-Distance Runner @mckindog @Zare @SixesAlltheway @terrell39 @LooseCannon @Niall Kielt @lira @matic22 @Lego @Welsh Phantom @GhostofCain @frus @Black Abyss Babe

Nicko (40) and Bruce (33) from 1992. Live & interview & behind the scenes footage with Bruce, from French TV show "Dr. Heavy & Mr. Hard"

Last edited:
Nicko (40) and Bruce (33) from 1992. Live & interview & behind the scenes footage with Bruce, from French TV show "Dr. Heavy & Mr. Hard"

Bruce sounds very good here, great rare interviews, especially the Janick one - great find, Foro :ok:

Some interesting interviews and rare live footage from NPOTD tour:

Last edited:
Just a side thought, reposting doesn't add value but if it's a different video feed on the YT then it does. If the originally posted video goes down.

Back