Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Because they never wrote like that. And I really mean never. Members brought in ideas and before TBOS, they usually gathered in a rehearsal studio and worked on them as a band. That principle goes back to the Piece Of Mind.

Nowadays, they bring ideas to the studio and work on them there. Working and recording ideas without hearing the lead vocal is brave to say the least.

Also, Maiden tend to record together, with guide vocal (which sometimes remains in the final product, as did on most of the tracks on AMLOAD). Recording without a vocal is MUCH more difficult, as vocals dictate the song most of the time.
But have they ever had this much time off before in which they knew in advance Bruce would be busy with another project for most of a year? I just don't see how anyone can rule out that Steve and a couple of others are getting together to write or track demos.

I think we might see a British Lion album and possibly an Adrian Smith album at the end of the summer (Smith/Kotzen is not possible as Richie is touring Europe).
Is Steve is working on something at the moment with British Lion? To me it potentially indicates that they could be writing because no other members have side-projects going on this year.
Trust me, Dave isn't leaving Hawaii for some writing attempts with the others 3 months before a 3,5 month long tour.

The most realistic activity in the Maiden camp I can see happening is Steve and Adrian meeting up to work on some ideas and Adrian sending demos to Bruce.

After all that, Nicko himself has stated that he still needs to work on his recovery, which I highly doubt involves drumming for 5 hours a day.
That's as much as I meant by these hypothetical 2024 writing sessions, I didn't say they would record a whole album in studio and add the vocals later, I never expected Nicko would be part of it either.

Anyway, I'll leave it, I think this conversation is getting a bit pedantic now, I don't know if they're writing this year just seems odd to me with so much time off and them having knowledge about it in advance, with clear calendars, to completely rule it out.

Last edited:
... Working and recording ideas without hearing the lead vocal is brave to say the least.

You think? Of course it depends on the band and what kind of song it is, but I don't agree it's unusual or brave to record the instruments and then the vocals at the end.
The instruments provide a foundation for the singer to work with.

You think? Of course it depends on the band and what kind of song it is, but I don't agree it's unusual or brave to record the instruments and then the vocals at the end.
The instruments provide a foundation for the singer to work with.
From my experiences, a vocal line can change chords and/or structure of a song.

Also, singer might not be comfortable with the key and you need to change it. Especially with Steve, who writes vocal lines.

Because they never wrote like that. ...

Is there no compromising in the music industry? in my field of work, if some members of the team had one priority ("a new album") and others a different priority ("touring "The Mandrake Project") we used to figure out if there was an also effective alternative process and wouldn't just insist that somthing was always done a certain way.

I think we might see a British Lion album and possibly an Adrian Smith album at the end of the summer (Smith/Kotzen is not possible as Richie is touring Europe).

Why do we believe this now? I thought Leana Dolci had confirmed that Adrian and Richie are working on something.

Is there no compromising in the music industry? in my field of work, if some members of the team had one priority ("a new album") and others a different priority ("touring "The Mandrake Project") we used to figure out if there was an also effective alternative process and wouldn't just insist that somthing was always done a certain way.

Why do we believe this now? I thought Leana Dolci had confirmed that Adrian and Richie are working on something.
There is compromising in music industry, but there is no compromising with Steve Harris (who has for example been playing the same bass and same amp for 40+ years).

They were working on something. Not anymore. Richie was at Bruce's gig with Nathalie and Julia and he leaves for extensive European tour soon. That leads me to believe that Adrian is in the UK.

There is compromising in music industry, but there is no compromising with Steve Harris (who has for example been playing the same bass and same amp for 40+ years).

I see. Or he has mellowed with age and will surprise us all. That would be something :D

Also, singer might not be comfortable with the key and you need to change it. Especially with Steve, who writes vocal lines.
Except we’re talking about a band that primarily works in E minor (sometimes D) and often uses the same chord progression (or variants of the same progression). :D

I agree with your general point though, they’re not going to work in the studio without Bruce. Partially because they’re creatures of habit and partially because it precludes them from having guide vocals/being able to put down first takes.

I see. Or he has mellowed with age and will surprise us all. That would be something :D

This can happen. Take Accept as an example: On the last albums you can hear several guitarists, whereas in the past Wolf Hoffmann recorded all guitar parts for the albums himself.

Pfft, he's not the main songwriter. Steve, Jan and Adrian is enough. In the early stages drumms can be programmed.
Uh, we're still talking about Maiden, right? That's not how they write.

That's not really relevant to Maiden though. Steve write the vocal melody, phrasing be damned, and then has Bruce sing it. Furthermore, it's industry standard to record all music and leave the vocals last. Now, sure, they like to record most of the tracks at the same time, but theoretically there's nothing stopping them from writing and recording stuff without Bruce. They've been writing together for decades and if we look at SNJ Steve's songs feature a lot of Bruce's mid-range, while Bruce's songs are the ones that push him much more.

Having said all that, I don't think that they'll do that either, but I didn't find your argument that convincing.

I just read an interview with Uwe Lulis. He says his contributions to the new album were recorded by him in his studio and provided digitally to Andy Sneap. Maybe he gave Steve new ideas when he met Accept on the Monsters of Rock cruise?
(Not that I really believe that; I just think we don’t really know what’s going on and what’s possible or impossible.)

Last edited:
They might be doing something, but it's likely not Maiden-related. Likely solo projects.

I'm starting to think that Adrian might be finishing the shelved insrumental album with Bernie Marsden in Bernie's honour.

They might be doing something, but it's likely not Maiden-related. Likely solo projects.

I'm starting to think that Adrian might be finishing the shelved insrumental album with Bernie Marsden in Bernie's honour.
I first read this as "Adrian might be fishing the shelved instrumental album" and my first thought was "wait, what?", the for a split second "yeah, sure, it's H after all", followed by a "brain, wtf is wrong with you" lol

Just held the "The Mandrake Project" album in my hand and the acknowledgements caught my eye.
I would like to interpret Bruce now as saying: Make an effort with ideas for a new album; we have to gather enough good material, because we all know that retirement sucks.

Back