IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US shed have a very small standing area, then the seats start. You are better off, IMO getting a seat at the front of the seating area as you are about the same height as the stage and can see very well .. plus you can sit between shows, go out for t-shirts/beer knowing your spot is there.

For an arena show or something where most of the floor is standing, I would go for standing tickets as I did in Gdansk. In Dallas and Austin, seats are the way to go

I've sat for Rush (all seats, I was in the tiered stuff at the back) and in that sections everyone stayed down, Dream Theater (all seats, but on the floor a lot of us stood up apart from during the instrumentals) and Iron Maiden (because that was what I got, and in the 4th tier only a couple of drunks stood up).

Like many, I refuse to sit in limited seating. The Best Available option is, and always has been, a crock of shit. You can buy Best Available seats two minutes after they go on sale and end up in the nosebleeds with your face in a support beam, but click Best Available two days before the show and you'll get third row front and center because they release the tickets in waves.

With amphitheater gigs, if I can't get decent seats, I'd rather hang out on the lawn. Granted, amphitheater gigs are not the greatest, but neither are arenas. I don't know how you South Americans do it with just one big open field and 100,000 people with no incline facing the stage, it's not even worth it for me if you can't see the band.

As far as sitting down at shows, I've reached the age where I'm totally fine with it. Depending on the band, of course. I was never a mosher, since I cannot comprehend the rationale of paying to see a band and then spending the whole show twirling around and facing a 280 lbs. shirtless dude who wants to take his anger at his mom out on unsuspecting concert-goers.

Sitting at Maiden, however, should not be allowed. Sitting for their opening band? Fine. 'specially if it's Dream Theater.

As far as sitting down at shows, I've reached the age where I'm totally fine with it. Depending on the band, of course. I was never a mosher, since I cannot comprehend the rationale of paying to see a band and then spending the whole show twirling around and facing a 280 lbs. shirtless dude who wants to take his anger at his mom out on unsuspecting concert-goers.

Sitting at Maiden, however, should not be allowed. Sitting for their opening band? Fine. 'specially if it's Dream Theater.

I pretty much agree with this, I stand for most shows .. always for all of Maiden ... but if a band is not making me want to stand, I figure they are doing something wrong, not me.

I'm 17 so you'd expect me to stand, even run around with energy in Maiden shows but no, I sat down when I saw them.

I don't know how you South Americans do it with just one big open field and 100,000 people with no incline facing the stage, it's not even worth it for me if you can't see the band.

You mean, like at Rock in Rio? That's a festival ground, same as at European festivals. I've seen Maiden at three festivals at varying positions (at the very front, in the middle, and at the very back), and I've always had a good view of the stage.

It's been years since I sat for a band, but I would consider a seating area at a future Maiden arena show. I'm short and I have painful knees. Even standing half way up the slope at Download, where it was a little less packed, I struggled to see anything much at all.
I was on tiptoes for most of SSOASS!

That said, I'd probably end up standing up if I was in a seating area.

You mean, like at Rock in Rio? That's a festival ground, same as at European festivals. I've seen Maiden at three festivals at varying positions (at the very front, in the middle, and at the very back), and I've always had a good view of the stage.

Yeah, where it just looks like an endless sea of people, all standing on an even level. Forgive me, for I have a lack of knowledge of overseas venues, but it seems like you wouldn't be able to see a thing from so far back. Did any of the festival shows you attended have an incline at all?

I guess it's something I couldn't really comprehend without experiencing it at least once.

Donnington is on an incline, although far less steep since they moved the stage out from the 'bowl' at the bottom of the track. It's moved a few times in the past 10 years actually.

Rock in Rio does indeed look somewhat troublesome, it can already be difficult to see the stage if you get a few taller people infront of you (and I say that as someone 6' tall) but RiR looks like it takes it to a whole other extreme - and god forbid if you want to leave the crowd at some point.

I've only been to two arena gigs (Maiden and Alice Cooper), both were general admission/standing, majority of gigs have been either festival or standing only small venues, there were a couple which had a seated balcony if you wished.

I'll tell you something bizarre. The last time I saw Dream Theater they had Periphery supporting and it was an all-seated concert. Periphery aren't the sort of band you'd normally sit down for... :lol:

I'll tell you something bizarre. The last time I saw Dream Theater they had Periphery supporting and it was an all-seated concert. Periphery aren't the sort of band you'd normally sit down for... :lol:

That's very bizarre. The last time I saw Dream Theater, half the venue at chairs. You never know with proggy bands. I half-expected to see a full seating arrangement when I saw Opeth...

The audience at my Opeth show was pretty interesting to watch. One minute they're moshing, going crazy and then in the blink of an eye you'd think you're at a Porcupine Tree show.

Well, Opeth is pretty interesting with their setlists these days. One minute they're playing "Heir Apparent", the next it's an acoustic rendition of half Heritage.

Well even within certain songs, like Ghost Of Perdition, where there are really dramatic mood changes.

I like the setlists these days anyway, it's nice to get a breather in between all the metal.

Well even within certain songs, like Ghost Of Perdition, where there are really dramatic mood changes.

I like the setlists these days anyway, it's nice to get a breather in between all the metal.

I do, too. I like Heritage anyway, and I find that the songs work even better live (since the album production is so muted). Acoustic "Demon of the Fall" on the last tour was really neat.

Sitting down and standing up at Opeth shows is like the prog version of headbanging. Seatbanging?

Demon Of The Fall was indeed awesome. Somehow they made it sound even more evil than on the album but with acoustic guitars.

Mixing Crapitage and other songs in one setlist doesn't work. All-cleans tour should've been followed by all-growls tour IMO.

I mean, his growls suck now, but still :P

If he wants to continue in this (IMO really wrong) style, at least bring back Martin Lopez on drums. He's much more suited for it than Axe (who is a great drummer, but not suited for Opeth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back