IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Yax complained a bit about Stockholm and he was 3 meters away from me. Dead center. I really heard it quite well.

@Ranko:
I was there too... I was in the stands though. Sound was... I could hear all the instruments clearly, but the sound was unpleasant... I dunno how to explain really. Guitars had this fuzzy sound that was really iritating. But anyway, it got better after a few songs and I stopped thinking about it. Is there a good outdoor place/venue in Zagreb for concerts?

423.gif

I wouldn't worry about Canadian ears too much. When the Dutch said "please help" they heard.

LC, I'd like to know what you intended when you made your first remark. I had the impression that you wanted to make an image of me, as if I was saying I am superior.

Obviously, I didn't like that (it was offending), and something tells me you knew that the minute you made that remark.
So I replied. Not really in the same manner, but it was on the same level, or not far from it. To be honest, in hindsight, my reply sounded ridiculous and made no sense.

But then your next post. Did you type that with a big grin on your face? "Yes, he fell for it, so now I can really offend him".
I really don't know your motivation, but you succeeded. It was a low remark. Suits you well as a moderator.

LC, I'd like to know what you intended when you made your first remark. I had the impression that you wanted to make an image of me, as if I was saying I am superior.

Obviously, I didn't like that (it was offending), and something tells me you knew that the minute you made that remark.
So I replied. Not really in the same manner, but it was on the same level, or not far from it. To be honest, in hindsight, my reply sounded ridiculous and made no sense.

But then your next post. Did you type that with a big grin on your face? "Yes, he fell for it, so now I can really offend him".
I really don't know your motivation, but you succeeded. It was a low remark. Suits you well as a moderator.

Well, the first remark was meant with levity, and the second with joviality. Neither was intended to offend, and believe it or not, I do not go through my day intending to offend or upset you, nor is it a daily goal. I'm sorry that I upset you, and I can assure you that I will not act with any levity towards you again. Nothing was intended to offend, but intent isn't important - and I apologize unreservedly for upsetting you.

Thanks. Accepted of course.

Now it's my turn.
My problem is that I take those things too personal, and too serious. So much that I was blind to see the joke (or levity) even.
It seems I am very touchy, especially lately again. I'm afraid I am having some internal battles with myself that need some attention.

I am very sorry. :-/

No worries, mate. It's just hard to tell with you sometime if you're going to laugh or go off the handle, I try to hope for the first but I understand that if you got things going on, you know?

Just in case anybody felt my reply posts were offensive or upsetting, I would like to say that I chose to respond this way because I thought this was just a case of playful bickering, the way Loosey and I do all the time.

@Ranko:
I was there too... I was in the stands though. Sound was... I could hear all the instruments clearly, but the sound was unpleasant... I dunno how to explain really. Guitars had this fuzzy sound that was really iritating. But anyway, it got better after a few songs and I stopped thinking about it. Is there a good outdoor place/venue in Zagreb for concerts?

Well, I guess it's the venue's fault then. For me, the guitars were all morphed together into one sound, if that's what you meant to say.

I think that the Dom Sportova ("Sports Hall") should have decent acoustic properties, I'm looking forward to Joe Bonamassa there in November and Dream Theater in February 2014.

I have seen them in Dallas and Gdansk, in both shows the sound was pretty good. I have mixed ethnicity ears, so maybe that played a part :)

Yes, the show was indoors. :/ I've been reading online comments about the Zagreb gig, about 75% of the people are complaining about the sound quality. I'm not going near that venue again. This was my 10th Maiden gig and I don't remember the sound being that dreadful, ever.

By the way, is Doug Hall still the front-of-house sound engineer or have they changed him?

I thought he was, but I've read a reference somewhere (really can't remember so it may have been an untrustworthy source) to Doug Hall being Maiden's ex-soundman...

I know Kerry King of Slayer made a remark (maybe over a decade ago now) about Maiden's rhythym guitar sound being muddy and indistinguishable, (I guess it's hard to have three guitars overloading the same frequencies in the mix without overlapping), so it's not a new complaint; however I thought Maiden had great sound at both nights at the O2 London in '11 and Sonisphere in '10.

However, I digress, the sound problems do seem to be more of an issue on this tour than ever before, but a new soundman should be on top of it by now...

When I saw them in 2010 and 2012 (in Chicago), they played at a place called the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, and while the band of course gave it their all and sounded amazing, I feel it was the venue itself that dumbed it all down. My biggest complaint about this place is, both times, it seemed like Bruce's vocals were very... muffled... kind of absorbed by all of the instruments. It was more so in 2010, where it was very hard to hear him during his songs.

I'd read several reviews about the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, and it seemed one of the biggest (and recurring) complaints was the sound . Having nothing else to compare it to in 2010/12, I had to take it for what it was worth. However, having also seen them at the Klipsch Center, two weeks later in 2012, the sound was absolutely astounding compared to the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater. The Klipsch Center was supposedly a much newer venue, so reading through some of the last posts, I can believe and support that the venue's sound/gear could have a lot to do with the quality of the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back