IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw them in Dallas last summer, the sounds was not great .. but that place does not have great sound ... so perhaps I am used to it. I do not think it ruined the concert ... but it was hard to pick up some of the softer moments.

The arena in Gdansk/Sopot was a nice facility. Both Voodoo Six and Maiden sounded really good, you could hear everything clearly.

When I saw them in 2010 and 2012 (in Chicago), they played at a place called the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, and while the band of course gave it their all and sounded amazing, I feel it was the venue itself that dumbed it all down. My biggest complaint about this place is, both times, it seemed like Bruce's vocals were very... muffled... kind of absorbed by all of the instruments. It was more so in 2010, where it was very hard to hear him during his songs.

I'd read several reviews about the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, and it seemed one of the biggest (and recurring) complaints was the sound . Having nothing else to compare it to in 2010/12, I had to take it for what it was worth. However, having also seen them at the Klipsch Center, two weeks later in 2012, the sound was absolutely astounding compared to the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater. The Klipsch Center was supposedly a much newer venue, so reading through some of the last posts, I can believe and support that the venue's sound/gear could have a lot to do with the quality of the concert.

The sound at that amphitheater is not great. I was at the concert in 2010, and it was actually better than usual for that venue.

I worked there for two seasons back when it was called Tweeter Center ('round 2004-5) and most nights the sound was very muffled. The way the entire place is built, combined with the open air setting, swallows the sound. Vocals are particularly hard to get right, as is the bass. I've heard many shows there that sounded like one big giant cough. Obviously, acts that are less metallic in nature sound better because it's easier to focus on specific instruments when their not turned up to 11 (i.e. the Jimmy Buffett shows always sounded fine).

A very good versión of

afraid to shoot stranger, and by the way, i pretty sure our loved Dave Murray is wearing a wig or hair extensions.I dont know why they do that,if youre getting bald its normal! look at kai Hansen of gamma ray,he is horrible!

How do venues (& therefore bands) have the gall to sell tickets with seating that far to the side of the stage? I mean, some of the stage is not visible; & in practical terms (in this case) Janick isn't visible. You'd also have to question (all the recent sound related complaints aside) how it could possibly be be anywhere near ideal, in listening terms, to be behind the P.A. (I suppose some of these tickets might be cheaper?) However, having said that, it sounds pretty good! :p (--& you get a good view of the crowd.)

How do venues (& therefore bands) have the gall to sell tickets with seating that far to the side of the stage? I mean, some of the stage is not visible; & in practical terms (in this case) Janick isn't visible. You'd also have to question (all the recent sound related complaints aside) how it could possibly be be anywhere near ideal, in listening terms, to be behind the P.A. (I suppose some of these tickets might be cheaper?) However, having said that, it sounds pretty good! :p (--& you get a good view of the crowd.)
I agree with the seating on the far side of the stadium, I was there like that in Vancouver, I could only see Janick and Bruce when he was up on the cat walk. But for the 2 american shows I saw, the sound was great. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, but we'll just have to see how it sounds in Vegas.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think at the O2 at least those seats are only made available once the rest of the venue has sold out.

In Chicago last year, my seats were way off to the right of the stage. I couldn't see Nicko or Janick at all. Bruce popped in and out, depending on where he was on the stage. The only two members I could see pretty consistently were Adrian and Dave. And I couldn't see ANY of the backdrops or Eddie props due to the side-stage view. The Amphitheater had this gigantic ass black curtain obstructing the view of the stage to anyone who wasn't directly in front of it. Horrible, and yet another reason I really, really, really hate the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater.

What kills me is, when I was purchasing the tickets (which I couldn't select by the way; it gave me pre-determined, random seats (ironically called "Best Available"), it didn't mention anything at all about the obstructed view. If I had known it beforehand, I wouldn't have purchased those specific tickets. I now will not get tickets for a concert anymore unless it is absolute dead center of the stage. Luckily, for the St. Louis and Kansas City dates coming up, I have tickets in the middle of each venue.

The Best Available thing sucks, for a few shows I have checked seats a few times and the best available might suddenly get better after a few tries. I like it better when they allow you to select your own seats on the map .. so at least know what you are getting.

I've had that problem as well. When I bought my ticket for Dream Theater's Glasgow show in 2012 (all-seated) I used Best Available and got a pretty decent seat. However, at the concert someone I know arrived quite late and sat a few rows front of me. He'd only bought his ticket a few weeks before the show but managed to get a seat closer to the front than me!

Perhaps for Maiden's O2 show I could have checked a few times on Best Available but I wanted to make sure that I was going to be there even if it meant getting a shit seat.

It is a pain because you always have to type in the stupid captca code every time you do a new search. I am not sure how they decide how they do the tickets. For some shows you can see available seats and pick the one you want, for others it just throws out random seats.

I see bands complain about scalpers, but systems like this help scalpers since they will sit all day if need be to get the best seats and sell them.

For the Austin show, which is ticketless, they at least let me pick the seats I wanted during the pre-sale.

Iron Maiden's last show in Glasgow was all standing, but the lack of seats killed the atmosphere because all the people who would have been seated just stood still refusing to enjoy themselves and generally getting in the way of all the fun people like me. :P

Yep, for the St. Louis show coming up, I got in for the presale too, and they let me actually pick the seats I wanted (thank god). Got dead center of the stage, front row seats.

29 more days, can't wait. Hoping they throw us a surprise and switch out a song or two in the set list (since this is the second time this tour they're doing the US), but I know it is highly unlikely. Still, we all live in hope. And it would make up for us getting completely gimped on the Final Frontier tour.

I've not yet bought tickets for any gig that wasn't standing, I think seated spoils the gig to begin with :p

Bah, that's just the way a lot of North American amphitheaters/stadiums are like. Don't get the wrong impression though; while they are technically seats, I've never once been to a concert where anyone was actually sitting down. Everyone (at least in any section I've ever been in) was always standing the entire time.

Of all the concerts I saw, I only bought two seating tickets. Thin Lizzy in 2008 (it was all-seats) and Iron Maiden few days ago (everything else was sold out). I know everyone is standing even if they have seating tickets, but the seat is still in my way when I want to jump/headbang/move around :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back