IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guitars were indistinct at times but it wasn't enough of a problem to annoy me or anything. Drums especially sounded fantastic imo.

Sky Arts is showing Download highlights again this week, the first part was on last night. With luck I should be able to watch it this weekend.

That, and the fact that seeing it on a proper TV screen beats a tablet or an undersized PC monitor anyday

Nice to read these reviews! I had a great time with you guys! Besides the concert, drinks and discussions, we also had many laughs (laughed my ass off!) and some good walks. We visited three museums. Skansen was my favourite. Calm in the evening and quite nice to see these Nordic animals and some old buildings. There was also a section on the Sami. (not a nice history, but good to know).

Wingman, I also thought the sound was very good. Last couple of times I was more to the left but now we were (close to) dead center. I guess especially Janicks solos were heard better because of this. He did some stellar stuff. Some of his contained very fast figures, as fast as Dave even, or faster. Sounded very good (and like Yax said: not messy). About a certain song:
The Prisoner was not played at the Early Days Tour. Last time Maiden did that was in 1991. So before this tour I had never seen Maiden doing it either (saw it with Bruce's Skunkworks in 1996 though).

If I choose three highlights of the set: ATSS, SSOASS and Phantom).

I've just read on the Heavy Metal Truants charity bike ride page that Bruce didn't make it, he was suffering a viral infection after Frankfurt and was advised to rest up before Download. If he was ill I'd never have guessed it.

The guy who was behind me for most of the show tried to film almost the whole thing. I believe he mostly got my hands.

Saw Maiden for the first time two days ago! I had already seen the setlist so no real surprises, though I had forgotten one song. Great crowd too. Not going to list any highlights, for a first timer pretty much everything is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back