IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Voted for Murders In The Rue Morgue, Lord Of The Flies, Days Of Future Past and The Time Machine.

• No Prayer For The Dying
  • Afraid To Shoot Strangers
  • Lord Of The Flies
  • Blood Brothers

Eliminated after Round 27:
The Educated Fool - 16 votes
The Edge Of Darkness - 13 votes
Fates Warning - 12 votes
Public Enema Number One - 9 votes
No surprises.

I voted for:

Remember Tomorrow
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Where Eagles Dare
Lord Of The Flies

Eagles because I happen to like all the other songs (without the 2 early days songs) better and I think Steve could have added another verse for a 6 minutes long opener. Flies because I think it's not one of Blaze's strongest chorus deliveries.

The fact that Flies is losing makes me so sad. It’s got a great Janick riff, Blaze’s low voice is almost mournful in tone while bringing a bit of power in the chorus — and it’s got possibly Janick’s best solo in the Maiden discography too. Easily in my Maiden top 20.

A bunch of fantastic songs got eliminated. What a bummer.
Well, nothing changed about my choices, since none of the first 6 got eliminated, so once more:
Prowler
The Prisoner
Where Eagles Dare

LOTF is wildly overrated. OK song at best. It shouldn't have even made it this far, but the competition in its own neighborhood was so weak that it lucked out. Good riddance, I say.

LOTF is wildly overrated. OK song at best. It shouldn't have even made it this far, but the competition in its own neighborhood was so weak that it lucked out. Good riddance, I say.
But as a Janick basher, surely you can agree that his solo here is fucking good, right? He slows down and just really lets the guitar speak for itself without hitting every possible note in the process.

But as a Janick basher, surely you can agree that his solo here is fucking good, right? He slows down and just really lets the guitar speak for itself without hitting every possible note in the process.
It's "Janick good", sure. It doesn't really stand out vs. other Maiden solos, but it does show more restraint than Janick can usually muster. But then it just rolls into the chorus melody and it's back to the mediocrity again.

and it’s got possibly Janick’s best solo in the Maiden discography too.
That's a curious choice. It's not one of my favorite solos of his, tbh. A unique solo for sure. For me it's either Blood Brothers or Wasting Love. There are quite a few though.

Classic song from the Blaze era, I like it a lot. Riffs, melodies, chorus, all great. I probably shouldn't have voted against it... game on!
How did Blood Brothers make it so far?
Because it's a great song. One of the band's best slow songs without a doubt. A true classic!

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 28:
Lord Of The Flies - 15 votes
No Prayer For The Dying - 9 votes
The Time Machine - 9 votes

• Prowler
  • Murders In The Rue Morgue
  • Afraid To Shoot Strangers
  • Blood Brothers

Man, this is going to get frustrating; Fantastic song after fantastic song gets eliminated while some of Maiden's weakest material (imo of course) survives round after round. Guess my votes will remain the same for a bunch of rounds:

Prowler
The Prisoner
Where Eagles Dare

Back