IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Looking at the results so far in this contest, overall I'm mostly on board with the songs getting promoted. And even when I'm disappointed, I'm usually not surprised. The ones where I'm disappointed are usually just personal preference:
  • Piece of Mind: Die With Your Boots On is my favorite song. I like the 3 that were promoted, although I would have preferred Still Life to them as well.
  • X Factor: I'm not really a fan of the album in general, but I like Judgement of Heaven which was knocked out.
  • Brave New World: My favorite song is The Nomad (bumped), but I realize I'm an outlier in that regard.
  • Dance of Death: My top 2 favorite songs got promoted, but I would have preferred Montsegur to Paschendale as the third.
  • The Final Frontier: Tough to see The Man Who Would be King bumped, but as long as Isle of Avalon and Starblind are promoted I am happy.
  • Book of Souls: My favorite two songs are The Great Unknown (definitely bumped) and The Red and the Black (probably bumped). Also a shame to see Shadows of the Valley bumped. Out of the remaining songs the title track is my favorite.
  • Senjustu: We'll see. My favorite three songs are the three Harris epics on Disc 2, followed by The Time Machine. I suspect two of them will be bumped in favor of the two singles.

It's an amazing song. I wish the lyrics were smarter, but the music is absolutely brilliant, including the brilliantly stollen part :D
I don't think the lyrics are weak, the chorus is great imo. Of course, not all songs on an album can have very good lyrics, although we can probably say that about some Maiden album/s. Anyway, the music is indeed brilliant. I don't think they even needed this instrumental section for Nomad (although it's an amazing piece), the closing song on the album has this unique long calm second part. For example, the instrumental section could have been the intro melody (but slower and quieter) or some guitar distortion sounds (idk, something new for Maiden), 1-2 minutes long, and the length of the song to be 6-7 minutes. Yeah, it would have been weaker, but the other two epics (Mirrors and Thin Line) would have make up for it.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 25:
The Alchemist - 20 votes
Death Or Glory - 18 votes
The Great Unknown - 17 votes
Coming Home - 14 votes
The Red & The Black - 14 votes

Promoted after Round 25:
If Eternity Should Fail
The Book Of Souls
Empire Of The Clouds

Senjutsu joins the game! 9 votes allowed.

The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
Isle Of Avalon
The Talisman
Senjutsu
The Writing On The Wall
Darkest Hour
Death Of The Celts
The Pakrement

• Blood Brothers
  • Starblind
  • Senjutsu
  • Stratego
  • Lost In A Lost World
  • Days Of Future Past
  • The Time Machine
  • Darkest Hour
  • Death Of The Celts

Definitely not the best song on the album (that’s “The Parchment” without a fucking doubt, so good so good so good), but having the most votes???? Wtf. Yall must not like a good heavy groove that makes you roll your head around in sheer magnificence. Among the biggest-sounding Maiden songs, and the chorus is fucking rapturous.

Eliminated after Round 25:
The Alchemist - 20 votes
Coming Home - 14 votes
The Red & The Black - 14 votes
Wow! I know If Eternity Should Fail is liked a lot, but Red & Black not being promoted is a shame. Too long, I guess?
And Coming Home? If there are some songs from TFF album that can be called hits - Coming Home and Talisman for sure.
The Alchemist is underrated, just like Pilgrim.

I voted for:

When The Wild Wind Blows
The Time Machine

I didn't want to vote for any of the Senjutsu songs (like with BNW), but it will be unfair. I like Time Machine a lot, only voted for it because the intro melody could/should have been different. Wild Wind is a great song too, although I sometimes miss the ''chorus'' in the second part of the song. Unique structure.

I expect the promoted songs from Senjutsu to be: Hell On Earth, Parchment and Writing On The Wall (or Stratego).

Last edited:
Definitely not the best song on the album (that’s “The Parchment” without a fucking doubt, so good so good so good), but having the most votes???? Wtf. Yall must not like a good heavy groove that makes you roll your head around in sheer magnificence. Among the biggest-sounding Maiden songs, and the chorus is fucking rapturous.
I agree. It's not the best because the album contains other amazing songs. Weakest song from the Reunion era? Most votes? What? Unique and epic song! A song that builds its power on the groove (like Starblind, especially in the verses) and the anthemic/epic chorus. The high vocals too.

There are no weak songs in the list now imo.

Voted for Brave New World, Isle Of Avalon and everything from Senjutsu apart from the title track, Stratego, The Parchment and Hell On Earth.

now it's time for the hardest part, deciding what I don't care for on the new album as much as the rest.

Back