Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost sad we haven't got any fake track lists or anything.
Fiiiiiiiiine.

T.W.O.T.W.

1. “The Writing on the Walls”
7:56 • Dickinson​

2. “Day of the Dead”
4:50 • Smith / Dickinson / Harris​

3. “Brasilía”
6:34 • Harris / Gers​

4. “Wrath of the Waters”
4:46 • Harris / Gers​
5. “Van Helsing”
5:01 • Dickinson / Smith​
6. “Will o’ the Wisp”
5:23 • Murray / Harris​
7. “Gaia”
7:29 • Smith / Harris​
8. “Hellcat”
5:44 • Dickinson / Smith​
9. “The War of the Worlds”
20:05 • Harris​
10. “On the Banks of the Thames”
10:01 • Harris / Dickinson​
Total: 1:17:49

The idea is we're ranking the album cover artwork.....but that's ok too :)

1. AMOLAD + BOS joint first place
2. BNW
3. TFF
4. DOD
Oops, let me try then
1.BNW (Cmon, its derek riggs)
2.BOS (The eddie is ok despite being 3D but the cover is plain and empty, the inserts had much more stuff, its about the Mayas can't you be a bit more creative? Just a black background? Cmon)
3.TFF (Nice artwork but not for maiden)
4.AMOLAD (Why is eddie on the background? I dont like this one at all but its boring and colorless so it fits the album)
5.DOD (I dont need to say anything)

BOS (The eddie is ok despite being 3D but the cover is plain and empty, the inserts had much more stuff, its about the Mayas can't you be a bit more creative? Just a black background? Cmon)

My theory is that the black background is a Steve's precise, symbolic choice. 2013/2014 was a very though period for him, especially. Many of his longtime friends passed away. Clive Burr passing, too, of course. My idea is that, being an album with lyrics about soul and death, above all, the black to cover all the background (black is a sign of death and respect for the dead) is not a senseless choice. Eddie as the protagonist. All black, all dark behind him. Eddie represents Steve, there. End of my thesis :)

My theory is that the black background is a Steve's precise, symbolic choice. 2013/2014 was a very though period for him, especially. Many of his longtime friends passed away. Clive Burr passing, too, of course. My idea is that, being an album with lyrics about soul and death, above all, the black to cover all the background (black is a sign of death and respect for the dead) is not a senseless choice. Eddie as the protagonist. All black, all dark behind him. Eddie represents Steve, there. End of my thesis :)
And my thesis is that Bruce has even more influence on this album overall than TBOS. We can expect a dark album (somewhat similar to TCW, but much more maiden-ish), music-wise and art-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back