Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in aswell. You're right, they haven't yet written anything together but I bet that the result would be something interesting.

As far as I remember, also a song penned by 2 guitarists in general is VERY rare, if not absent, in Maiden history. I can't recall a case like that, apart from 'Virus', written by the five of them (Harris-Murray-Bayley-Gers-McBrain) back in 1996.

Last edited:
I still think we'll keep seing the "usual" writing credits. In order of probability, I'd say:

• Harris only
• Gers/Harris
• Smith/Harris
• Smith/Dickinson
• Smith/Dickinson/Harris
• Dickinson/Harris
• Murray/Harris
• Gers/Dickinson/Harris
• Murray/Dickinson/Harris
• Dickinson only

I'm 99% sure we won't see any different combination. Unless Nicko has brough something to the table, this time around, 18 years after 'New Frontier'.

I put Dickinson only at the bottom, but if Steve "stole" another piece of music from Bruce solo archives, well... Everything's possible, again!

I put Dickinson only at the bottom, but if Steve "stole" another piece of music from Bruce solo archives, well... Everything's possible, again!
Or even Dickinson/Roy Z! I know they'd never credit an outside writer but if the materials there and its good i'd much rather it be used than go to waste. Bruce doesn't seem interested in doing anything else with it!

I do remember Bruce saying that Steve was intrigued by two of his solo songs for TBOS, but the other was out of contention since Roy Z had a writing credit on it.

The wind blowing reminds me of a certain song's beginning... ATG live confirmed!!!!!
Don't forget WTWWB too.
View attachment 15605
View attachment 15606

Leana, Bruce's fiance, shared this about an hour ago on her Instagram. Post deleted a few minutes later.

New concept art from the album booklet, or something?

And those 3 words.... Mene Tekel Upharsin!

It's coming.
For fuck's sake.

3 days.
I hope the album will have a spectacular back cover (of the CD) and more artworks with Eddie in the booklet.
I'm still a bit intrigued about the Shepherd's Bush Empire references. Was it only because Bruce's video after the listening party was recorded there? Would they even bother to record that video there if the venue didn't have some significance? Maybe (or probably) it's nothing, but it still left me wondering.
If the single is on WOTW/Belshazzar's feast theme, I'd say that this is the venue in which the video for the single was filmed... maybe with the band on it? It's fitting imo.

I just don't want to have to wait 2-3 months for some new music. Meaning that in the past the album details were given way ahead!

I've checked some of his works, almost all of them look fantastic. Who knows, maybe he made something special for Maiden this time?!!
With or without a connection to Maiden, the art is absolutely stunning. It's conceptually coherent as well. I can definitely see someone (Hi Bruce!) building a thematic universe around it.

What do you think?
Will we have it or will they announce everything out of the blue, on Thursday?
I think they will announce everything on 15/07.
Animated? Beginning of an animated video for the single???
I don't think this is part of the video for the single. They just shared the poster (probably for the last time before the announcement).
This is a different style of drawing - it would be a novelty for Maiden.

And there we have it. @IronMaiden have taken up residence in the two top spots in our @LlSTENlNG_PARTY Replay chart

To think it’s not new Maiden music imo is fantasyland silliness akin to people thinking it’s a triple album just in the other direction.

Considering how the bloat has been increasing since the reunion (and hey, I'm not complaining... usually. Let's keep TBOS away from the debate), I'd say that a triple album (and most likely the last one) after 6 years of studio silence is not all that crazy, insane and inconceivable an idea. (shrugging emoji)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back