Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I didn't expect, at this point, is...

Less than 3 days to go (a little more than 2, if the announcement is right after midnight UK time), and we STILL don't have a time...

What do you think?
Will we have it or will they announce everything out of the blue, on Thursday?
Maybe they'll give us a specific time or a countdown timer sometime in the next couple of days

By now, can we conclude that whatever we'll have in the coming days, it has massive connection to the Seventh Son album? The album listening party, the Clairvoyant video, writing on the wall as if written by someone as a clairvoyant (huh) etc. A Seventh Son themed or related new album with a tour announcement and/or re-releases in Dolby Atmos? Let's sum it up :)

By now, can we conclude that whatever we'll have in the coming days, it has massive connection to the Seventh Son album? The album listening party, the Clairvoyant video, writing on the wall as if written by someone as a clairvoyant (huh) etc. A Seventh Son themed or related new album with a tour announcement and/or re-releases in Dolby Atmos? Let's sum it up :)
I think this "Seventh Son link" is completely grasping at straws tbh. I haven't seen anything even remotely compelling to suggest that there's any link.

I’m pretty sure new album is a concept album and that’s the only link. Steve and the band never seemed like the kind of group that would make a sequel or repeat an album’s theme as opposed to making something new.

Yes, not a Maiden thing....Druillet has apparently done illustrations for Heavy Metal magazine. This is obviously from the same story/narrative as Leanna's post. A comic called Lone Sloane

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-204717_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-204717_Instagram.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 49
If the rumor that the new album is about the world and the environment (as said here many months ago) is legit, then it could be a concept album. Also, remember the video of the Moonchild intro, in both the Seventh Son tour and the Maiden England tour, with the ice melting etc. So it might be connected with Seventh Son for this reason as well.

Yes, not a Maiden thing....Druillet has apparently done illustrations for Heavy Metal magazine. This is obviously from the same story/narrative as Leanna's post. A comic called Lone Sloane
I googled Druillet's art... This image is from the same comic as the image you posted... hmmm. The tower in the background and up on the cliff look familiar.

Attachments

• eb67cd62e17c584ad7c6449538d66e74.jpg
    eb67cd62e17c584ad7c6449538d66e74.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 90
Better wait to know something for sure. Now we just speculate. Album title, clip, single title and even release date is the smok in the mirrors right now. 2 and a half-day till Thursday. Peace.

I googled Druillet's art... This image is from the same comic as the image you posted... hmmm. The tower in the background and up on the cliff look familiar.
oooh. Yes they do. I'm wondering if Druillet has been commissioned to produce sleeve work for Maiden? Cover possibly, but if not, then concept or inner sleeve art mayhaps Perbee? The more we here about this...it feels like a very Bruce led project. Belshazzars feast, the kind of name and themes...connection to Guillaume studios, Paris, French artist, and of course Bruce's petite Mademoiselle posting art with Babylonian phrases.....Head swimming with possibilities.

Also if ye remember around TFF Bruce had a lot of input on the more cartoony direction, he mentioned the desire to look at older comic books, and that probably led to the TFF single covers, which were brilliant. They may be picking that thread up again and applying it to Babylonian themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back