Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't want to get into that band comparing (WTF was that even about? And why in this thread of all places?), but this was surprising:

at least here in Czechia all three bands sold out similar venues. Then again, nostalgia for old rock and metal is really strong around here and freakin' Sabaton sold out the O2 arena, so maybe we're an anomaly that way.
Since 2007 Iron Maiden is regularly playing stadiums in Czech Republic. I saw them playing Czech stadiums many times (2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018). Deep Purple, Priest and Sabbath were about playing arenas down there, Kiss few times played stadium-size gigs.

The Ass-Assin. Shaped like a knife and plays that unforgettable chorus any time pressure is applied. Feel the adrenaline rush from that final touch, and then you can kiss your ass goodbye! Also designed for easy cleaning — or if you will, better wash out — cos it’s the Ass-Assin!

Post of the year so far.

Amazon are taking pre-orders for an ‘Iron Maiden The Broadcast Archives’ six CD box set, release July 23. Surely this isn’t what the hype is for?!

Amazon are taking pre-orders for an ‘Iron Maiden The Broadcast Archives’ six CD box set, release July 23. Surely this isn’t what the hype is for?!
If they will release this instead of the new album :facepalm: It can be true 6 CD - You surely can call it a 'Feast'. That would be major disappointment of mine.. But IMXVII hint leaves us strong hope, that this 'Feast' will be released along with the new album.

Also, if the term 'Feast' is only tied to a high number of Cd's, we can lay to rest our hopes for an album to be about Babylon and hopes ATG to be played live.

Last edited:
Do you have any prediction about single other than title or subject? I expect short rocker, probably it will be quite different' than rest of the album. So maybe 4 - 5 minutes of pure rock.
Short rocker (4-5 minutes) - written by Smith/Dickinson... or Smith/Harris.

I wonder if they will release a proper single this time - CD package, proper cover and bonus live versions of some songs (from TBOS tour?)...

I doubt because of the latest two singles (for TBOS and TFF), but at least I hope for a proper cover of the single.

My prediction, after all these days, is:

a) 15/07 we get album name, cover, tracklist with song lengths and composers
b) Album is called Writings On The Wall
c) We get to know that Belshazzar's Feat is the name of the first single
d) The tower of the poster and the phrases in it are tied to the single cover, not necessarily the album
e) We get 19/07 as the release date of the single. It will come with some 3d clip just like The Final Frontier and Speed Of Light.
f) We may get a video (like a press release) with some quotes of the members about the album, how it was composed and stuff, with some excertps of, at least the single (just how we've got a 20-second excerpt of Speed Of Light a couple of days before it's release.

I wonder if they will release a proper single this time - CD package, proper cover and bonus live versions of some songs (from TBOS tour?)...

I doubt because of the latest two singles (for TBOS and TFF), but at least I hope for a proper cover of the single.
I think the poster is more related to the single cover, not necessarily the album cover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back