Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly... The guy is a well known Japanese journalist that supported Maiden for looong time. The acoustic show seems to be the birthday party for him and it's happening on 31st of July at that time...

So... I wouldn't look too much into that acoustic show. The guy was probably just asked to wear the shirt by the Maiden camp and he did. "daniel" just simply posted another sighting of the artwork.

Data? OK! just check how many listeners turned into Powerslave listening party and the Seventh Son (85k to some 16k). And band's invitation has only 66k views after one day. After six years it's poor...

Lmao the argument of 'listening party' on Twitter.
I don't have Twitter, I heard about listening parties prior to the Powerslave one, and I knew if anything spicy comes up it will be immediately posted elsewhere.

My brother who is also a great fan does not follow this stuff. If there's something that isn't in the papers I tell him myself.
Iron Maiden fans are not a bunch of 12y.o. glued to the social media

The acoustic show fits in with the theatre, though.
A live show (or anything that involves all 6 band members being in the same room) would require Nicko, Dave and possibly Steve doing 10 days in quarantine to get into the UK, so they would need to have flown in a week ago (and thats not taking into account the rehearsal time needed for a band that hasnt played together in 20 months!)

Im not saying it wouldnt happen, but given that the band previously couldnt be bothered to spend a day shooting a promo video or even an afternoon having a photo session for a new album:, it would be a MAJOR change of approach to go to all that effort for a one off performance on july 15th (particularly when the rules are being relaxed on july 19 so they could avoid all the hassle by putting it back a week!)

And Maiden helped in that during last 10 - 20 years.

Maiden persisted, and started growing again in the late 90s. Although it took a while for other big names to 'revert back', by the time Metallica did it with Death Magnetic, Megadeth and Slayer were already there. By that 2008 nu metal was gone, alt metal bands were going into more classic direction, big names were releasing great new records and doing retrospective tours from the 80s while still being pretty young.

Firstly... The guy is a well known Japanese journalist that supported Maiden for looong time. The acoustic show seems to be the birthday party for him and it's happening on 31st of July at that time...

So... I wouldn't look too much into that acoustic show. The guy was probably just asked to wear the shirt by the Maiden camp and he did. "daniel" just simply posted another sighting of the artwork.
Apparently, Asami is the singer of Lovebites, an all female japanese metal band, so I think that, probably, Daniel's post refers only to Masa Itoh's shirt, or at least he intended only to give vague references to thursday's event.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711_193807.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711_193807.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 9
A live show (or anything that involves all 6 band members being in the same room) would require Nicko, Dave and possibly Steve doing 10 days in quarantine to get into the UK, so they would need to have flown in a week ago (and thats not taking into account the rehearsal time needed for a band that hasnt played together in 20 months!)

Im not saying it wouldnt happen, but given that the band previously couldnt be bothered to spend a day shooting a promo video or even an afternoon having a photo session for a new album:, it would be a MAJOR change of approach to go to all that effort for a one off performance on july 15th (particularly when the rules are being relaxed on july 19 so they could avoid all the hassle by putting it back a week!)

As far as I know, Davey has not been out of Hawaii for a couple of years. That could possibly change in the future, but I doubt it would be for a one-off thing.

Last edited:
Just stop reacting to him. Last +- 5 pages are ruined by this fool and replies to him, and it is just not necessary.

I was looking forward to some interesting gossip and I just found this brainless nonsense.
This. I understand that these types of threads are destined to go off topic pretty regularly, but RLonger has been warned to stop trolling so let’s stop derailing this topic.

Do you have any prediction about single other than title or subject? I expect short rocker, probably it will be quite different' than rest of the album. So maybe 4 - 5 minutes of pure rock.

I've changed my mind from thinking BF will be the name of the album and WOTW the first song to thinking that anything is possible and can't say what is the most likely. Time for a little silence before the storm. But a VERY hyped silence!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back