Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened with it
It leaked a full week earlier. And about that autocomplete, even though I think this is going to be the new album title it's probably just because many people are searching for that, don't think it's related to being added to the catalogue soon.

what happened with it
It leaked a full week earlier. And about that autocomplete, even though I think this is going to be the new album title it's probably just because many people are searching for that, don't think it's related to being added to the catalogue soon.
There's nothing new album albums leaking within a week of release or a single leaking maybe a few hours before it's supposed to come out like with Speed Of Light, but the track list leaked on Amazon early which I wouldn't count on happening again.

What’s the point in leaking it now when we only have four days left to go? Time moves fast, bro. Once we get the product we won’t have the fun of anticipation anymore. This is probably gonna be Maiden’s last album. Let’s enjoy the spectacle while we still can.

Edplug One. Shaped like the plane, takes one li-on batter and plays samples from your favorite Maiden tunes!
The Ass-Assin. Shaped like a knife and plays that unforgettable chorus any time pressure is applied. Feel the adrenaline rush from that final touch, and then you can kiss your ass goodbye! Also designed for easy cleaning — or if you will, better wash out — cos it’s the Ass-Assin!

The Ass-Assin. Shaped like a knife and plays that unforgettable chorus any time pressure is applied. Feel the adrenaline rush from that final touch, and then you can kiss your ass goodbye! Also designed for easy cleaning — or if you will, better wash out — cos it’s the Ass-Assin!
Let´s allready reward this as(s) "Funniest post of the year". :lol:

Can't wait for Thursday! I will be happy if we get an album cover and tracklist. Enough to chew on until September. A single this month would be amazing.

What’s the point in leaking it now when we only have four days left to go? Time moves fast, bro. Once we get the product we won’t have the fun of anticipation anymore. This is probably gonna be Maiden’s last album. Let’s enjoy the spectacle while we still can.
A (legit) leak is always fun!
Anyway: - 3...

Really don't want to get into that band comparing (WTF was that even about? And why in this thread of all places?), but this was surprising:

Even Sabbath with Ozzy, despite the nostalgia factor and Ozzy’ non-music mainstream fame, weren’t bigger than Maiden, just check the venues they played in their final tour. Even comparing the popularity of a band like Priest with Maiden is a joke, Priest are a borderline club band these days.

at least here in Czechia all three bands sold out similar venues. Then again, nostalgia for old rock and metal is really strong around here and freakin' Sabaton sold out the O2 arena, so maybe we're an anomaly that way.

Reactions: Yax
Sabaton is huge in parts of Europe, so that's not unsurprising. They sold out the Globe arena in Sweden during the Great Tour, 16k capacity (although Maiden did three nights in a row during the AMOLAD tour). The prior tour Sabaton sold out the smaller Hovet arena which is half the size, so they are doing rather well. Priest made the opposite jump. :confused:

Last edited:
Belshazzar's Feast lyrics will be somewhat similar to Powerslave's.
Slave to the Power of Death God's Will..Wrath.. You name it.
0708000126-l.jpg

I do agree on some level with that first part. Maiden are considered old hat verging on embarrassing by some. There's a bit of sightseeing among people who like to tick off a list of big names they've seen, but even in metal circles there are people who think Maiden are naff as f***.
It is extraordinarily strange to assess the appeal of a major band based on those who don't like them.

I could write a very similar analysis of any major rock band (all the way to the gods like Zepplin and Sabbath). I'm not entirely sure what you are proving other than 'many people love Maiden, many others like them, and others still do like them at all'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back