Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point.

By that reasoning the 2013 gigs should have been massive (only UK gigs apart from Donington) and they weren’t. :D

Had the 2018 tour been as long as the 2017 one, results would have been fairly similar. They sold out both O2 gigs in 2017 too, but capacity was slightly increased in 2018.

I really don't think Maiden has anything left to prove on any level, popularity included. I mean, how many bands out there get to Maiden's heights of popularity with barely any radio airplay? Do the guys even care?

I'd imagine the band's more worried about the reaction to the album than "likes" and views.
I can agree they don't need to prove anything. But my guess is not about proving something and questioning band's achievements from the past. It's all about the fact IM in last two years have lost most of their fans when the other old bands gain a lot: Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Priest etc.
Facts are the facts.

I still see Maiden unmatchable with any other live bands. They're the greatest live act. Always been. Yeah, some fans may have lost interest in them during the past year and a half. But I strongly think these two weeks have regenerated all the enthusiasm, all the interest, all the hype they were slowly and lazily loosing, during the pandemic.

I can't think of a reason why a true Maiden fan should complain, right now. We're VERY close to something probably REALLY huge. All of this campaign must lead to a new record in which the boys put everything they had. So let's wait, gratefully and confidently, and let's not bitch around. We already complained A LOT, over the last year (for right reasons), but now that era is done. A new chapter is about to start.

I still see Maiden unmatchable with any other live bands. They're the greatest live act. Always been. Yeah, some fans may have lost interest in them during the past year and a half. But I strongly think these two weeks have regenerated all the enthusiasm, all the interest, all the hype they were slowly and lazily loosing, during the pandemic.

I can't think of a reason why a true Maiden fan should complain, right now. We're VERY close to something probably REALLY huge. All of this campaign must lead to a new record in which the boys put everything they had. So let's wait, gratefully and confidently, and let's not bitch around. We already complained A LOT, over the last year (for right reasons), but now that era is done. A new chapter is about to start.
So same could tell fans of many other bands as Judas Priest, Metallica, AC/DC, Stones...

It's all about the fact IM in last two years have lost most of their fans when the other old bands gain a lot: Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Priest etc.
Facts are the facts.

Have they, really? I don't think that many people have completely stopped listening or supporting the band over the last few years. Sure, the COVID pause and their silence during it might have caused certain drops at general interest, but I think most of the fans who've been there before also check out the new stuff and continue buying tickets. Not all, just like not all did buy Nights of the Dead either, but quite a lot of people do, anyway. And I think it's hard to compare Maiden with the likes of Sabbath, as Maiden keeps doing tours anyway. Overall, I think it's a bit problematic to measure these things...

So same could tell fans of many other bands as Judas Priest, Metallica, AC/DC, Stones...

Metallica play too fast, live.
Lars mistakes a lot, during every gig.

Judas Priest hasn't got the original core line-up, and it's easier when you have younger blocks playing in the band.

Ac/Dc is good, nothing to say.
To me all their songs sound too similar, but that's my point of view. I don't think this could affect a live gig, though.

Stones can't be compared.
You can't compare Blues with Heavy Rock...

All these 4 bands are good.
Don't misunderstood...

But don't know, even persons I know who don't particularly like Maiden music, state that they've never seen a better band than Maiden, on stage.

It's all about the melody, the rhythm, the heart.

Last edited:
I can agree they don't need to prove anything. But my guess is not about proving something and questioning band's achievements from the past. It's all about the fact IM in last two years have lost most of their fans when the other old bands gain a lot: Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Priest etc.
Facts are the facts.
That is complete bollocks ! Especially about Priest and Izzy Do me a favour

Haven’t posted for years but why has this thread been turned into a one man show by a troll ? Each post-reunion IM album has done better than the previous one, that is a fact, with TBOS having the best chart positions of their career. Their tours have been huge successes, their LOTB performance in my country, Greece, was the biggest heavy metal show ever , bigger than the big-4, bigger than Sabbath with Ozzy, bigger than anything else.

I expect the new album to break the world record of an album in terms of the amount of countries it will debut at N.1.

@srfc . This is different. A different treatment would be more logical.

I think the only thing different is the idiot from Mago de Oz spoke out. There's no way Maiden would have been able to keep it quiet in the industry, the physical copies are being pressed now. There's only one vinyl record plant in Europe now, and Maiden were selling vinyl before it was cool so their market has to be huge, anyone else trying to get something pressed now would certainly hear about it.

EDIT: I see from @GhostofCain's post it was a journo rather than the band member to blame.

Last edited:
Generally Iron Maiden are considered as outdated band and they don't attract the new fans anymore. And selling big arenas and stadiums is over for them. For many shows announced since 2020 there are tons and tons of tickets. Facts are the facts it's time for them to be out.
Most of the shows for the cancelled 2020 leg were sold out in advance, IIRC.
LOTB is one of their most successful tours with great sales for the big arenas and stadiums.
Maiden are probably bigger now than they were in the 80's - they've always been HUGE in the metal world.
There are a lot young fans in their concerts.
New album of Maiden is always an event.
Their tours (every tour has big shows) and albums are always a success.
They are the greatest live band with spectacular stage sets! Always been.
Album sales are different nowadays, but their new albums (since 2000 and not only) are always on the top of the charts and are Gold & Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back