Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as speculation goes, I think folks are going to be surprised when we get the most obvious outcome. It kind of reminds me of how there was quite a bit of surprise when LOTB tour was announced even though in retrospect they were obviously going to do a nostalgia tour and using the game for theming was an obvious choice.

In this case, these are the obvious outcomes:

1: The album is going to use the WOTW acronym.

2: The stuff on the poster is probably lyrical references or song titles.

3: July 15 will be the album announcement along with a possible single and tour dates.

The Belshazzar’s Feast thing is where I get stuck. It seems a little strange for a single title, but then again so was The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg.

The Seventh Son connections are intriguing. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised about a concept album, but I remember similar expectations over TROBB being the lead up to a concept album, with those rumors even carrying over to the lead up for TFF’s announcement. It wouldn’t be uncharacteristic for all of this imagery to be centered around 1 song.

I think the weirdest thing that has come out of this is how strikingly similar the mountain is to the Seventh Son stage set. That seems too similar to be a coincidence.

As far as speculation goes, I think folks are going to be surprised when we get the most obvious outcome. It kind of reminds me of how there was quite a bit of surprise when LOTB tour was announced even though in retrospect they were obviously going to do a nostalgia tour and using the game for theming was an obvious choice.

3: July 15 will be the album announcement along with a possible single and tour dates.

The Belshazzar’s Feast thing is where I get stuck. It seems a little strange for a single title, but then again so was The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg.

The Seventh Son connections are intriguing. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised about a concept album, but I remember similar expectations over TROBB being the lead up to a concept album, with those rumors even carrying over to the lead up for TFF’s announcement. It wouldn’t be uncharacteristic for all of this imagery to be centered around 1 song.

I think the weirdest thing that has come out of this is how strikingly similar the mountain is to the Seventh Son stage set. That seems too similar to be a coincidence.

Doubt there will be any album tour dates this month, seems much too soon when the rumored North / South American tour wont start until the fall of 2022 with a stop in Rio Oct .

Just spit-balling here but what if the album is essentially a sequel to the 7th Son story?

I recall Maiden posting a video of Bruce a few years ago and he was talking about how he felt there was so much more they could’ve done with SSOASS. Personally think it would be awesome if they were continuing the story

The Only the Good Die Young comment seems to support a running theory I’ve had that there isn’t a hard rule saying songs that weren’t performed on the original tour can never be performed live. I imagine when they get to trying an unplayed song, they opt for something else thinking it’s more of a fan favorite or that particular song just doesn’t really work. Especially with the 80s albums, they covered most of the essentials anyway.

We are also at a point where there are several albums where it’s a surprise if anything at all gets played. At this point hearing, say, The Talisman would be about as surprising as Only the Good Die Young.

The Only the Good Die Young comment seems to support a running theory I’ve had that there isn’t a hard rule saying songs that weren’t performed on the original tour can never be performed live. I imagine when they get to trying an unplayed song, they opt for something else thinking it’s more of a fan favorite or that particular song just doesn’t really work. Especially with the 80s albums, they covered most of the essentials anyway.

We are also at a point where there are several albums where it’s a surprise if anything at all gets played. At this point hearing, say, The Talisman would be about as surprising as Only the Good Die Young.
FTGGOG was a huge surprise when they played it last tour. Maybe not that much because it was on the promotional video, but before that I don't think anyone thought they would play it again. Both Blaze songs, WED and Flight of Icarus as well imo. You can argue that even Powerslave on the Book of Souls tour was quite a surprise. Many people say that Maiden is too conservative with their setlists, in which I mostly agree, but they still play some unexpected tunes every new tour. Main problem is they have a short setlist, no rotating songs and have to keep playing the classics, so it's really hard to make space to some surprise songs.

I also think that the LOTB setlist was really well constructed. Only missed some tune from SiT, but overall was a great mixture of fan favorites and songs that weren't played for a while while spanning all eras. One of my favorite post-reunion setlists for sure, maybe even the favorite.

Last edited:
I think LOTB was the best greatest hits Setlist they’ve put together and TBOS was the best album tour Setlist. Turns out the secret to perfecting the Maiden setlists is to let Bruce make the Setlist. Looking forward to what they’ve got cooking when they’re back on the road.

To be honest I feel a little let down. I mean - its well planned hype train but Bruce speach was cheesy and effects used for animation - I dont know, I work with digital so for me they seem like minimal effort. I dont expect lord of the rings level of FX but after hundreds of hours spent on working with social media videos this felt cheap. However theatrical evening with Iron Maiden, Bruce on stage in role of presenter... Its very far fetch but it sounds like something that he would do.

The venue seems important for the feast so much that they prerecorded two videos there during first hype bullet and then they placed it twice in clairvoyant video. Or that was just overkill.

By doing a live stream, I would think that would make it harder for something to leak.
Why? Imagine something like that - they reveal album details (album cover/track list/release date) with comments from all band members. Then they tell the story of the new single and after the live stream event they release the video for the single.
So much excitement.....starting to imagine the lyrics....
^ Where did you find this?

E92D302E-D276-4C7B-906F-B63BCB0C8904.jpeg

About this mum comment. Its either cheesy or clever. Bruce comment about moonchild:

BD: Aleister Crowley wrote a novel called Moonchild. The process of incarnating a demon or soul into a body is called creating a homunculus. The idea is Lucifer helped create this thing in a mother’s womb and she gives birth to the Seventh Son

“July the 15th. Rain or shine, Heaven or Hell, Man or Beast. You’re invited to Belshazzar’s Feast…. but your Mum can’t come.”
Curious, Rain Or Shine is not on the poster. All of those do not sound like song titles, especially for Maiden. I think they will be part of a lyrics of a song - the new single or the title track.
Doubt there will be any album tour dates this month, seems much too soon when the rumored North / South American tour wont start until the fall of 2022 with a stop in Rio Oct .
They can announce the NA/SA dates for the album tour next year (probably in the fall) along with the album details... like most bands do.

Agree about RIR 2022. As Adrian said, they want to return there next year (most probably with the album tour).
The venue seems important for the feast so much that they prerecorded two videos there during first hype bullet and then they placed it twice in clairvoyant video.
^ True that. I think it will be the place from where the new single video was filmed.

I think one of the previous posters has a source that advised then that the new album is being released on September 3rd. It's a few pages back somewhere within the maelstrom.

Yeah, that was me.
El Mago De Oz's drummer basically "spoiled" that New Maiden's album is going to be released on September 3rd. Not official yet, but VERY likely, at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back