Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you have it sooner this means that you'll wait for whatever they announce longer.

it makes me realize how much I hate waiting.

Ok seeing as they’re releasing an album cover a day, where are the “tower” and “wotw” going to be today on POM? (Strange that IM didn’t have a tower photoshopped in )

What if we will get only the single and album will not be released this year? What if album will be released only in 2022.
I think the album might be released this year...

Some coincidences:

Their intent was to release the album in 2021?
- originally, LOTB tour should have ended in 2020: 3 legs (2018/2019/2020) and then new album in the next year.
- ME tour: 3 legs (2012/2013/2014) and then the new album was released in the next year.

Follow a pattern?
- DOD to AMOLAD (3 years), AMOLAD to TFF (4 years), TFF to TBOS (5 years), TBOS to #17 album... 6 years.

Given when first time we saw 'WOTW' it is possibility.

I think the pandemic surprised them and they were not prepared to change plans - hence the silence in the media etc. which was initially to be used by information about the LOTB tour.

I have my doubts about a triple album. If we were getting one, though, my assumption would be that Bruce or Steve wrote a super-long song that needed its own space.

Exciting times! I wouldn't mind the band having more fun, cryptic marketing campaigns like this one.

I think the album might be released this year...
I forgot to mention Bruce's interview with Download (before 1 month) in which he said that a lot of things are coming between now and the start of the tour..., things which people will be joyful about, IIRC.

Personally, I think they’ll announce two albums – Man or Beast / Heaven or Hell + Live Forever (a live album).
Im hoping it will still be one album full of really strong material. I get worried when it stretches its time, into 2 or more albums.
However I could see them doing a song in 2 or 3 sections, maybe a part 2 and part 3. Develop 1 theme or story in 2 or 3 parts. Might be Steve's sneaky way to beat Bruces EOTC run time, without actually creating a longer piece in one go. My personal hope also is for an instrumental

Given when first time we saw 'WOTW' it is possibility.
We first saw WOTW on LOTB 2022 tour poster - the poster was included in NOTD live album (November 20th, 2020/announcement: October 1st, 2020) and then it was released officially with the announcement of the dates for 2022 (April 13th, 2021).

I am glad Euro and Wimbledon is on this week. Makes things a lot easier.

So any bets on how many songs we are getting? 10 is the usual in the reunion albums but for BOS we did get 11.

I want as many songs as possible considering we have to live with this batch of songs for the next 7 years until a new release (yes, i want to be in denial about their retirement)

I think talking about one, double, triple album is too premature now. We don't have enough elements to say. We can only bet or try.

Before June 18th 2015 I was thinking a shorter/straight to the point album would come. But then they announced the longest album of their carreer, as well as their first double studio album ever.

So now that I sense/foresee a 12 tracks double concept album (so about as long as TBOS) coming, maybe it's the time we'll get a 55 minutes, 9 tracks album... None of us knows anything yet, and that's the best part of it! :)

This came to my mind: Woes of Babylon. Then I google it. Results:
Habakkuk Chapter 2: God Declares the 5 Woes
  • 5 Woes: #1 — Woe against Aggression. ...
  • 5 Woes: #2 — Woe against Coveteousness. ...
  • 5 Woes: #3 — Woe against Violence. ...
  • 5 Woes: #4 — Woe against Inhumanity. ...
  • 5 Woes: #5Woe against Idolatry.
Just another brick in a fan fiction wall :halo:

I want as many as possible Adrian/Bruce or Adrian/Steve song credits :ok: Short rockers to lighten up the burden of mammoth epics.

I think talking about one, double, triple album is too premature now. We don't have enough elements to say. We can only bet or try.

Before June 18th 2015 I was thinking a shorter/straight to the point album would come. But then they announced the longest album of their carreer, as well as their first double studio album ever.

So now that I sense/foresee a 12 tracks double concept album (so about as long as TBOS) coming, maybe it's the time we'll get a 55 minutes, 9 tracks album... None of us knows anything yet, and that's the best part of it! :)
it wasn't the first.

Fear of the Dark was a double album if I am not mistaken.

Personally, I think they’ll announce two albums – Man or Beast / Heaven or Hell + Live Forever (a live album).
It does sound intriguing and if the live album would be a compilation spanning their whole career (old live recordings), it would also tie in with the albums catalog they now post on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back