Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
...they could be keeping it a secret just to keep the speculation going,

Yes, the point of lifting the secrecy would make a lot of fans happy.
Yeah, but the thing is that the album is not a secret anymore... if someone still have doubts, you can remember probably the biggest evidence: the Post-That-Mustn't-Be-Mentioned (I liked that). :D
Not just for the artwork, I really miss proper singles with b-sides
I also miss proper singles (with different/proper covers, not like the one for SOL, which is pretty lazy... the one for ''Rainmaker'' too) and B-sides of live versions or other bonus stuff. Especially since Maiden have such a big tradition with them. For sure the fans will buy them (alone for the cover), as always. But times are changing...
More singles = more covers with Eddie. At least LOTB game helps with that... it's not the same, but it's something.

The last proper singles (plus different covers) and all were the ones for AMOLAD album. The single covers for TFF are good, but they could have been way better (I appreciate that they wanted to make them ''one style'' like the ones for SSOASS album though).

The single covers for TFF are good, but they could have been way better (I appreciate that they wanted to make them ''one style'' like the ones for SSOASS album though).
I think the "comic book" artworks for TFF stuff were vastly superior to any of the CGI single covers, such as Different World or Wildest Dreams, and you know, above average in general.

Just my opinion, of course.

As mentioned here, those TFF singles would have been a brilliant cash grab in a physical format, hehe.

Yeah, but the thing is that the album is not a secret anymore...
Katala, with all due respect, the word 'secrecy' is a red herring. You (and many others here, to be fair) being totally convinced that we have irrefutable proof of the album's existence is a separate issue to the band actively mentioning it and building anticipation.

Let me put it another way. I think you are confusing 1) the admirable detective work and piecing together of evidence by fans as confirmation of the album's existence versus 2) the band spending some time and properly saying that they are working or have finished an album that they will release when ready.

Obviously you will now say that you aren't bothered that the album isn't being openly discussed by the band, and you are satisfied that you have all the proof you need to confirm that it exists and is finished. Fair enough. But from my perspective, the fact that the band has left it to rumours and breadcrumbs of evidence and speculation is a total fail.

BOS for me was a massive improvement from TFF. I hardly listen to TFF anymore. Big question in my mind is whether the new album could be even better than BOS.

My wishlist is as follows: If there is going to be a ballad from Bruce, i want it to be of the quality of Journeyman, Tears of a Dragon, Navigating the seas of sun, man of sorrows etc. quality. Short rockers of the quality of Rainmaker, Wickerman, Different World, Speed of Light. Epics that sound less like Wild Wind Blows which lack the energy and tempo compared to songs like From the Greater Good of God, Pascendale, Dance of Death

The new album songs will feature fresh current topics such as impeachment of Trump, Brexit and Avengers Engame

Following Maiden shouldn't be reduced into becoming a treasure hunt for clues.
What's the point of this sentence? Who does this? No one, of course.
My wishlist is as follows: If there is going to be a ballad from Bruce...
I don't expect a ballad, simply because there are not so many in Maiden's discography. But the traditional mid-tempo/slow song, I expect for sure.

I don't expect a ballad, simply because there are not so many in Maiden's discography. But the traditional mid-tempo/slow song, I expect for sure.
Yeah maybe ballad is not the right word. I meant to refer to the trend of having one slow/mid temp song: DOD-Journeyman, AMOLAD-Out of the shadows, TFF- Coming Home, BOS-Tears of a Clown

Yes they do: you previously provided us links to old posts where fans had collected together a series of clues and photographs around Iron Maiden members being in Paris, close to the studio, Kevin Shirley posts about working on a major project etc. Based on these snippets of evidence, you (and many others) have concluded that beyond all doubt Maiden has completed an album of new material.

I characterized this method of keeping up with Maiden's activities as a 'treasure hunt' by the fans for clues. This is my phrase that I have used to characterise the way in which you (and many others) have accumulated scraps of information to confidently conclude that album 17 is ready.

My only contention is not about the fans engaged in the treasure hunt for scraps of information, but about Maiden itself. Over a 2 -3 year time period, this is a substandard way for Maiden to treat its fans regarding what they are up to.

Who does this? I have been searching on google EVERYDAY, since 2018, the following: "Iron Maiden new album". Just to get any info at all. I love Iron Maiden more than anything and needless to say this delay has not helped my mental health lol

My only contention is not about the fans engaged in the treasure hunt for scraps of information, but about Maiden itself. Over a 2 -3 year time period, this is a substandard way for Maiden to treat its fans regarding what they are up to.

I'm not sure how it would be any different for us if Maiden told us 2 years ago that they were in Paris recording an album. If anything, it would be worse. The album still wouldn't be out (if they kept to their current LOTB 3 leg plans), and a lot more fans would be aware if it, a baby Chinese Democracy if you will.

They are keeping their plans under wraps until they are ready to release the album and that is fair enough for me. We wouldn't even know about it if fans hadn't harassed bruce buying his breakfast in Paris and the likes, and fans who have built themselves up into a frenzy of disappointment over it only have themselves to blame.

Booking the third leg of LOTB is the real issue. However, I think we've caught a break on that one. If they'd announced and released the new album for early 2020 instead of the 3rd leg of LOTB, which is what I would have preferred at the time, then we would have had an album come out last year with covid putting the tour on hold for 2 years, which would be an anti climax for what may be Maiden's last studio album and tour cycle. I'm quite happy for LOTB to be the tour getting messed about instead.

Exactly... I was just listening to one of the Sunset Studios podcasts yesterday with Brian Kehew (the guy who is searching the Warner Brothers vaults for useable material and documents about recordings) and he said that Van Halen booked the studio for 1 day to record the cover of Oh Prtty Woman, because they felt they needed to put out something, since they have been off stage for 5 months and were afraid that they will lose audience.

Now, the situation is different. You have YouTube, you have social media... You can interact with your audience much easier. However, what did we get from Maiden? Fucking pay-to-win game announcements and beer announcements. Nothing about music. Maybe an occasional interview.

The only thing that was really cool during this year and a half (and was basically the only music-related thing they did) was that video with H about Gangland. There was talk that there will be more, but you know how many are out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back