Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading all the comments under Blabbermouth article I see, the theme of "please change producer, for ffs" is clearly prevalent... Wholeheartedly agree. Some of the so called true fans try to belittle this problem. This is a real and big f* ongoing ISSUE. And you all know it.
Why ranting, and why so angry? Because I care and see it as missed opportunity. :(

reading all the comments under Blabbermouth article I see, the theme of "please change producer, for ffs" is clearly prevalent... Wholeheartedly agree. Some of the so called true fans try to belittle this problem. This is a real and big f* ongoing ISSUE. And you all know it.
Why ranting, and why so angry? Because I care and see it as missed opportunity. :(

Steve Harris is the producer, Shirley is an engineer.
If you want a producer that'll bring his own sound in Maiden, you really miss what Maiden is about.

Shirley-produced stuff is hit and miss, but the real problem is, some time down the line we get a decent or great sounding album, as it gets mastered for something like vinyl or special digital distribution. It is the initial CDs, and streaming, that sucks most of the time.

I like thoses bits. I'm one of the so called true fans. Certainly, these albums are not perfect, but nobody but one guy can change their producer. Maybe you are overestimating your influence on Maiden.

Ah yes- the balanced, rational, nuanced, and ever-so-insightful Blabbermouth comments section. Right.

I guess I'm not a "true fan" then, whatever the hell that means. Should I throw out the 30 Maiden t-shirts in my closet and shelf full of records, CDs, and tapes then?

Also, a lot of the people criticisng Maiden want them to sound like dogshit generic power metal bands.
Or they want Number of the Beast 2 and Powerslave 2.

The band aren't in their 20s and 30s anymore. They've evolved and changed since then. People may not like it, but expecting them to retread old ground is ridiculously entitled and would probably just result in an embarrassingly bad record.

Shirley himself is great. All of Maiden's sonic output isn't and some production decisions are obviously very divisive. But it isn't so because of Shirley. Just look at Legacy of the Beast live album (again though, vinyl is tolerable by comparison). Somebody on the forum said something along the line of a warts and all approach when it comes to Steve. Maiden wouldn't be Maiden without him and that accounts for all the great things about Maiden, and the lesser good, as some production decisions or repetitive choruses.

On the other hand, I'd rather have any Maiden album than none. I will happily criticize when justified, but whining to Steve's nephew or question others' fandom is just stupid.

Ah yes- the balanced, rational, nuanced, and ever-so-insightful Blabbermouth comments section. Right.

I guess I'm not a "true fan" then, whatever the hell that means. Should I throw out the 30 Maiden t-shirts in my closet and shelf full of records, CDs, and tapes then?
Some CDs, maybe?
:devil:

I wonder if he means a new album. Maybe he thinks we get excited about.... well anything Maiden related.
A new beer? One new song in the setlist? A re-release of Wildest Dreams? Different World?

Last edited:
Shirley himself is great.
I like the albums produced by Kevin Shirley - maybe some of them are not perfect (BNW and AMOLAD are perfect imo), but as I said before, I like that every album has its own specific sound.

And btw, Rock In Rio is the best produced live album ever IMO - a perfect live album in terms of setlist, performance and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back