Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
GNR just rescheduled their Dublin gig for June next year, possibly optimisitc since just yesterday the Govt failed to extened the limit for those attending outdoor events from 200 to 500, it had been expected they would but it seems we aren't on schedule for that yet.

Why in the world did they move some shows from 2020 to 2021? Remember that some shows were totally cancelled while some were just moved year ahead? So, they couldn't just cancel all the dates as so there would have been some major bill to pay and such, or what?

I think this is exactly the case. The shows they rescheduled were all their "own-shows" as mentioned in the press release, so I suspect they're more on the hook for venue hire, ticket refunds etc compared to festival gigs.

Great feeling, isn't it? Getting the album in your hands, browsing through the booklet (the smell of a fresh booklet! :wub:) while listening to the songs for the first time,picking a first favorite,...
This
Of course, I will let them do what they want anyways. I will surely preorder or buy the album fresh on the first day (that whatever will be then) as I've always done.
Im going to go around in various genres and take myself to deeper dreams away from the horrible situation around the world.
Take care, stay safe and listen to all the great music. Up The Irons! :cheers:
They Will do what they want for sure. But Would be great.... A single Would be awesome

Great feeling, isn't it? Getting the album in your hands, browsing through the booklet (the smell of a fresh booklet! :wub:) while listening to the songs for the first time,picking a first favorite,...
Reading the lyrics, looking at the pictures, then struggling to fit the booklet back underneath the little plastic semi-circles and damaging the back cover. :facepalm:
In july 2021 we are going to be ok. For sure
I hope you're right.

Reading the lyrics, looking at the pictures, then struggling to fit the booklet back underneath the little plastic semi-circles and damaging the back cover. :facepalm:
Yeah, I ruined the Live After Death booklet that way. Thank God I sold these old albums after getting the remasters.

How many physical copies do you reckon Taylor Swift sells compared to Maiden? [...] I'd be very surprised if the vast majority of those sales of that album are not the 3 digital versions.
Can’t find any breakdown of the full album sales based on medium, but it’s 615k full album sales, or ~72% of the total figure, with the rest being on-demand streaming “album equivalents”. In this day and age I don’t know if the digital/physical mix would be fundamentally different for Maiden vs. any other artist, but anecdotally they’d probably have some more physical sales than a more recent act.
I just don't like the way it's often presented on this forum any time Maiden don't do what fans demand that it's some sort of moral failing on behalf of the band.
Wasn’t trying to suggest a moral failing, just disappointment that with the clock ticking on their careers and no ability to tour in the near term that they’d still opt to delay the album release further in the hope of capitalizing on it more fully down the road.

That may not even be the best business decision, because if they released the album now they could draw some sales while touring is dead, and maybe have a chance at releasing another studio album before they retire, doing a full touring cycle on that next album too. With the current plan we’ll probably just get LOTB 2021, new album tour, and then a farewell hits tour.

Wasn’t trying to suggest a moral failing

that was more a general comment on the tone of complaints about Maiden going back years (maybe going back forever :lol:), than specifically a go at you. It's been waiting to slip out for a long time now :lol:

Maybe it's just me but I imagine a lot of people seem to think Steve and Rod are constantly in Maiden Towers stiring a giant cauldron trying to cook up ways to piss off the fan base.

Other bands are continuing to release new albums even though they can't tour them. I don't see why Maiden couldn't do so too.
And other bands don't. For instance Helloween have postponed their new album. It's perfectly understandable.

Maybe it's just me but I imagine a lot of people seem to think Steve and Rod are constantly in Maiden Towers stiring a giant cauldron trying to cook up ways to piss off the fan base.
Nah, just Rod.

Rod isn't thinking of ways to piss off the fan base. I expect he doesn't give two shits about what the fan base wants or feels as long as they make a decent profit each year.

And rightly so.

This idea that the fan base are in some position to demand things from Maiden is nonsense. Maiden will put out what they want, if you like it you can buy it if you don't "fuck off and listen to some other shit"

The day a band's fan base says jump and the band say how high is the day the band is creatively dead.

And rightly so.

This idea that the fan base are in some position to demand things from Maiden is nonsense. Maiden will put out what they want, if you like it you can buy it if you don't "fuck off and listen to some other shit"

The day a band's fan base s
ays jump and the band say how high is the day the band is creatively dead.
Who is demanding? i AM not

Obviously the band have to be seperate enough to let their creativity run. But from the business side it seems a bit like:

Fans: Can we have new music please?

Rod: Why listen to new music when you can have the 3rd year of a greatest hits tour?
How about some more beers?
We've added more Eddie's to the mobile game.

Fans: Yeah, fine, whatever. How about that album you recorded last year?

Rod: There's no album, comment deleted, buy some merch.

Fans: Could we get something new in the setlist? Maybe ATG, or even anything off Somewhere in Time that's not Wasted Years?

Rod: How about Wrathchild? You guys haven't heard that in a while right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back