Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great to hear the new album this year.....has been a horrible year for the whole globe. At least some good news for christmas
I was thinking just the same recently. Maybe they can release it before Christmas and flood the market with different versions, à la "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" single. Given that touring is moribund, this might be an interesting thing to do, marketing-wise.

I was thinking just the same recently. Maybe they can release it before Christmas and flood the market with different versions, à la "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" single. Given that touring is moribund, this might be an interesting thing to do, marketing-wise.
i miss Iron Maiden músic ive been listening during this montes all the álbums since reunión and a few live almbums.And i miss go to the store the first Day

If they don't release the album then by the time they're touring again it will have been nearly 20 months with no touring and no new music. (October 2019 - June 2021)

Does it make any sense to have almost 2 years of dead space from the band? Other bands are continuing to release new albums even though they can't tour them. I don't see why Maiden couldn't do so too.

I stopped worrying about it awhile ago. The band will do whatever they do. I will decide if I'm interested in the product they put out at the time.

In the meantime, I decided to delve deeper into lots of other bands. This led to the Greatest Metal Album Cup, which has been lots of fun and I've found lots of new bands to enjoy. #shamelessplug

But seriously, it's just better for your sanity to stop worrying about Maiden. Let them do whatever.

Of course, I will let them do what they want anyways. I will surely preorder or buy the album fresh on the first day (that whatever will be then) as I've always done.
Im going to go around in various genres and take myself to deeper dreams away from the horrible situation around the world.
Take care, stay safe and listen to all the great music. Up The Irons! :cheers:

It seems like dropping the new album during this period of no touring would be a nice gift to the fans, but I’m guessing their calculation is that they’ll make more money if they can drop it and tour off of it at the same time. And so we wait, and it now becomes ever more likely that this may be their final studio album.

Or maybe CD and Vinyl pressing plants are not operating at full capacity at the moment because of the virus? Maybe doing world wide pr and media events is not a particularly good idea right now.

Or maybe CD and Vinyl pressing plants are not operating at full capacity at the moment because of the virus? Maybe doing world wide pr and media events is not a particularly good idea right now.

I call bullshit on that theory given recent evidence to the contrary. You can do press through Zoom as well as anyone can these days.

How many physical copies do you reckon Taylor Swift sells compared to Maiden? Discogs has 4 versions listed for the album, 3 of them are digital downloads and 1 is a physical release. I'd be very surprised if the vast majority of those sales of that album are not the 3 digital versions.

Vinyl plants are most likely not running at full capacity, the latest Haken album was delayed several times because of that. But a band at Maiden’s level could probably maximize labor at the right places to ensure a product that’s on time, or just release vinyl later (which many bands do). Now is the best time to release new music because nobody else has anything going on and people are spending more time online and consuming media. You just have to market it differently. The Swift album is a huge hit because she did it in a way that makes sense for the current times.

I agree that I'd like the album out now, I'd have preferred it out instead of the second and third legs of LOTB.

But I just don't like the way it's often presented on this forum any time Maiden don't do what fans demand that it's some sort of moral failing on behalf of the band.

I agree that I'd like the album out now, I'd have preferred it out instead of the second and third legs of LOTB.

But I just don't like the way it's often presented on this forum any time Maiden don't do what fans demand that it's some sort of moral failing on behalf of the band.

It seems pretty obvious that their plan has always been to release the new album once the LOTB tour is over. The problem is that, at this rate, the LOTB tour might never be over! ;)

I think we'll find out soon enough, how they have rearranged the 2020 dates show that they clearly have other plans for summer 2021. Usually summer gigs are announced and tickets go on sale around the previous Nov. By November of this year I think it will be fairly clear whether any gigs will be likely to go ahead next summer. I think they probably won't announce a new tour if there is a likelihood that it won't take place, so it might force their hand in terms of releasing the album.

I suspect the album was coming next summer anyway, but I can't see them holding it back any longer if it's clear they won't be able to play any gigs.

Why in the world did they move some shows from 2020 to 2021? Remember that some shows were totally cancelled while some were just moved year ahead? So, they couldn't just cancel all the dates as so there would have been some major bill to pay and such, or what? Are they going to keep the current shows hanging until futher notice of some change, like wiping the current plan and then informing what it will be and when?
We're indeed living in some time of uncertainty..hope to see things get solved and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back