Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at the Maiden official website now and again but no hint at all. It surely is the longest most drawn out wait we have had to endure as fans awaiting new music.

Have the 'rumours' basically gone away after we found out there was no studio work in Paris just Bruce pumping his new ladyfriend?
We haven't found anything out in a long while now. It's still rather likely that they've already recorded the album. It's also very likely that Bruce was indeed pumping his new ladyfriend.
So that's the concept of Bruce's new 80 minute epic which will take up all of disc 3.

The system works like this: Perhaps they're unsatisfied with what they've recorded and want to revisit it in early 2021 or so. And then, they'll probably decide to tune that shit down. At least I hope so. :p

I think we will get some info with the North/South American tour announcement which should be around six months before tour start.

Fair point, and I hadn't think about that.
Let's say the new album tour starts in September 2021, it could be safe to say we'll get at least a title/cover artwork/concept reveal around early next year.

But... that would mean announcing a new thing before the Legacy era is officially closed... And judging by the way they worked with those things, announcements and stuff, over the last years... It sounds a bit unlikely, to be honest. Then again, it's also true they lost a full year of plans, and 2 different tours in the same year could be very likely, at this point. We'll see..

The rumor I heard is that the band is very unhappy with Kevin Shirley's muddy production of the album, and they are looking for a new producer. Steve has reached out to Martin Birch to come out of retirement to re-produce the album. However it is unclear whether or not Martin will do it. So the album is in limbo.

The rumor I heard is that the band is very unhappy with Kevin Shirley's muddy production of the album, and they are looking for a new producer. Steve has reached out to Martin Birch to come out of retirement to re-produce the album. However it is unclear whether or not Martin will do it. So the album is in limbo.
Please tell us where you heard this rumour.

Kevin Shirley is basically a yes man for Steve Harris. The "as live" production is what Steve wants.

TBOS was an unusual state of affairs. I seem to remember they were gearing up later in 2014 for something imminent and then Bruce's cancer bombshell dropped and everything was pushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back