Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just promotion and release" is quite a big process that involves a lot of people, companies and decisions. This is arguably a much more difficult thing to do right now than record and mix some music.
That might be, but my point is that Maiden and Kevin don't have to meet in Paris to finish anything.

What's with the tone man? No need for it. Where did I say that people listed in liner notes just make coffee?

Of course there's lots that goes into marketing, but that doesn't mean that moving an album release earlier is impossible.

If LOTB is postponed/cancelled I think its unlikely IM will just sit on their collective arse for the next 6 months doing nothing.

If LOTB is postponed/cancelled I think its unlikely IM will just sit on their collective arse for the next 6 months doing nothing.
They're all in their sixties. They might not have much choice. Please also consider that they are spread out around the world and may not be able to get into another country.

Last edited:
What's with the tone man? No need for it.

I've seen too many situations here lately where people hyped themselves into believing Maiden would do something based on nothing but their own wishful thinking and called out others who pointed out they pulled it out of thin air. I want to try and stop this one before it can spread.

IE - "Iron Maiden will play Alexander the Great!" in 2002, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

I'm speaking more of IM the company rather than IM the band.

Clearly if touring is out then travelling is too, because of the risk involved. But decision making, interviews etc can be done online or on the phone.

Will it happen? I don't know, but it's certainly possible. This is the album speculation thread after all.

"Just promotion and release" is quite a big process that involves a lot of people, companies and decisions. This is arguably a much more difficult thing to do right now than record and mix some music.

Agreed, but Poto did not say anything incorrect. It's a last phase and should last way shorter than writing+recording+mixing. If you're engineering something you might have a research, development and deployment phases. The last phase can be also lengthy but usually a lot shorter than the first two.

From what we know of beforehand, that last phase should begin with the release announcement. After that PR, marketing, logistics preps, like you say there's a lot of stuff there that I can't even imagine right now, but preparation and timing are crucial. Wasn't Powerslave #2 because of bad timing? Maiden could sell a million new copies but only if everything else is right. Covid situation is about the worst one you can get for small commerce, such as buying records.

So I think it's further delayed. And I've never ever liked the lack of hype around it. The album's main development was completed months ago.

I just hope it's going to be heavy. TBOS was good, maybe songwriting was better, but it wasn't as heavy as TFF overall. I just don't want them to go to some hard rockish directions. The guitar sound on TBOS is thinner. The current live sound of guitars is thinner than it used to be.

Because you're pedaling the theory that Maiden will be able to finish the next album over the next few months. Or you've been influenced by Trevoire so need to self-isolate.
No. I think the album is done. With the exception of artworks maybe and stuff like that. But the music is done. They have it ready. And I don't think it comes out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back